Leggy holder thing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wuffles

Established Member
Reaction score
I follow a few metalworker type people on Youtube and one of them "Giaco Whatever" made a holder thing that I'm not sure he invented, but I'd never seen one before and I remember thinking, that's cool, I should make one one day. Then one of Jimmy DiResta's mates, David Waelder (who worked in Italy with Giaco for a few days earlier this year - are you keeping up?) also did a video recently where he made one of these things, just with less finesse but all the same purpose.

Anyway, I made one and it's really handy. Now, if these have been around for years, apologies, but just in case you've never seen one, they're slick as you like.

Mine's made out of an old chisel that's been kicking about the yard forever, found some 4 or 5mm bar stock and just bent it to shape and tacked it on. I've shown it holding something fairly difficult at a decent angle, but whatever you put under these things tends not to move due to the distribution of the pressure of the weight or some other physics.

No idea if this flickr link will work - let's see.

Holder by Wuffls, on Flickr

Back