lathe secure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.allan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I would like any opinions on how I should secure my lathe to a bench. It's a CLARKE CWL6B

Welcome to the forum T.allen.

As Pete says Coach bolts are ideal, but for that size of machine any 8mm bolts or machine screws of suitable length would be fine, best if you use some washers under the bolt heads to spread the area of contact on those relatively thin flanges and some 'penny' and spring washers under the nuts on the bottom side of the bench.

Hello and welcome :D

What's the bench made out of ? Mine's 19mm ply,and I just use Chas's advice of bolts and washers.Frame is made of 3" x 2",so it's pretty solid.

Andrew

Thanks everybody for that welcome and thanks Kevin for reccommending the site. I am sure I'm going to have an enjoyable and informative time with you all so thanks again everybody

I hav'nt actually decided on a bench but the information given by you all will be carried out to the letter and thanks

T.allan":3mta0mer said:
I hav'nt actually decided on a bench but the information given by you all will be carried out to the letter and thanks

Welcome to the forum :)

The info given above is spot on as you would expect :wink: I have bolted my Tyme Avon down to a good sturdy bench this week using coach bolts etc and it's rock solid :D

Enjoy your turning :wink:

YorkieT

Back