Latest wabi sabi piece: New photos attached.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
Bad photo of my latest piece. Bit of fettling to do to get the base really flat and horizontal. The hollow form is spalted elm with a banksia nut top the base is a piece of oak bur. The 'rivulets have been dyed with a blue dye to simulate water. C&C welcome as always

elm banksio on burr 4.jpg

elm banksio on burr 3.jpg

elm banksio on burr detail.jpg

Attachments

• elm banksio on burr 4.jpg
    elm banksio on burr 4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 850
  • elm banksio on burr 3.jpg
    elm banksio on burr 3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 850
  • elm banksio on burr detail.jpg
    elm banksio on burr detail.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 850
Keep coming back to this as usual, sorry poor (single) image and the drunken vessel are not helping with perception Pete.

Looks like you caught the spalted Elm grain boundaries just right with the flow of the form, chunky finial also sits well for me.
Water, some hint at/of the source, from under a stone or around the back of the form perhaps?

I will get a better photo done this afternoon as looking again at the one I have posted it is a good example of how not to show your work LOL.

Pete

Seems a little bland compared to your usual stuff :)
(homer) Oops, you have changed the originals (hammer)

Bodrighy":3gvu653b said:
Photos done, hope they give a better idea of the piece

Pete
Ahh, much better, now the 'Water' feature really comes into it's own and I get the impression of the vessel placed alongside of a rippling stream in a wooded dell somewhere.

The form being an object in a wider context rather than just a dominant shape which is what I saw in the original side view.

Just spent the afternoon Graham trying to get some decent photos of the wabi sabi stuff. I'll post some more this evening now I have some decent ones.

Pete

Can't remember if I had commented on this piece else where. So in case I had not. I like it a lot The blue helps give it movement. A well thought out piece

Really like this, very unusual, very nicely done as usual Pete.

Back