latest projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suprasport

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry not beeen posting my projects but here is a bundle of pics and very brief details of what i have been doing the last few weeks

Jewelery Box in Goncalo Alves
Lid: solid rosewood centre, framed with Beech then framed again with Ebony
Handle: Rosewood
Feet: Ebony

952.jpg

Been making quite a few gift sets this set is in Olive wood

869.jpg

small zebrano mirror 18" square

884.jpg

Zebrano and rosewood mirror
917.jpg

rosewood and beech chopping board (unfinished)
951.jpg

small Zebrano trinket box
858.jpg

859.jpg

large cocobolo jewlery box
lid is book matched cocobolo, then Ebony border with coolibah corners and walnut burr centre.
847.jpg

front corner of cocobolo box showing grain
848.jpg

850.jpg

You have some very nice pieces there Shaun. Nice to see what can be done with beautiful woods. I would like the time to try my hand at some boxes as most of my work is furniture or fittings at the moment. Very impressive. :wink:

mailee":2wbm6fqd said:
You have some very nice pieces there Shaun. Nice to see what can be done with beautiful woods. I would like the time to try my hand at some boxes as most of my work is furniture or fittings at the moment. Very impressive. :wink:
Cheers, im going the other way and going to have a go at some furniture in the next couple of week :lol:

All excellent pieces,Shaun - nice to see you've been keeping busy :lol:
If I had to pick a favourite,I think it would be the goncalo alves jewellery box - the combination of timbers seems to work soo well :D

Andrew

:shock:

I think I'm going to go and sob quietly somewhere whilst contemplating taking up knitting or something instead of woodworking - blimey, you're a bit good at this! What gorgeous work!

V.
(who really needs to practise)

PowerTool":2uh9ccqo said:
If I had to pick a favourite,I think it would be the goncalo alves jewellery box - the combination of timbers seems to work soo well :D

Andrew

Me too. All very nicely understated and oozing good taste. Lovely.

Thats a bit and a half of output. I really like the cocobola wood box the grain is just so lovely. Excellant work.
Owen

Some absolutely stunning work in there. Wow.

Adam

Wow
wasnt expecting that kind of response :D thanks everyone

cant say which i like best as they are all different but I do like the light and dark woods contrasting
The best part is i am absolutely loving making them \:D/

Really excellent work, Shaun. Can I ask where you get your timber from, please?

Regards.

Back