Latest project, Saw Blade Sharpener...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaco

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you but I'm finding getting saw blade sharpened is getting pretty expensive plus it's a 40 mile round trip for me twice as I have to leave the blades and then collect three days later so I thought I know I'll make a sharpener, so this spans woodwork and metalwork!

I bought an inexpensive X-Y table £32 and a diamond grinding wheel £10 the grinder was £5 new from a car boot so £47 all in...

Hi

Shouldn't there be a means of indexing the blade to ensure you remove the same amount of material from each tooth?

Just something along the lines of an adjustable pawl that engages with the teeth as the blade is rotated.

Regards Mck

You could do Mick but I found you can get in a nice rhythm and do it by feel...

Excellent. Well done. It's yet another on my to-do list, but by the time I get round to it everyone else would have beaten me to it.... as you have.

Do you have a means of tilting the blade? as many blades have alternate teeth cut at angles, if you know what I mean.

doorframe":3ijffu1d said:
Excellent. Well done. It's yet another on my to-do list, but by the time I get round to it everyone else would have beaten me to it.... as you have.

Do you have a means of tilting the blade? as many blades have alternate teeth cut at angles, if you know what I mean.

Hi

Thank you and yes it does tilt, all the blades I have have alternate teeth as you've said all I do is put the light on over-tilt the blade then slowly tilt it back until the shadow line disappears seems to work well...

Back