Latest F&C

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant what I said. Sending a string of PMs trying to convince me to take a marketing copy of your mags,and clogging up my email inbox with PM notifications in the process was really not going to change my mind.

Oh, and by the way, referring to the content of PMs on open forum is not generally thought to be good form.

tom , remember

do_not_feed_trolls.jpg

:D

You are so naive, the pair of you. Oh well, it's not exactly worth the candle trying to turn the light on.

Jake":3l5hl1jm said:
Oh, and by the way, referring to the content of PMs on open forum is not generally thought to be good form.

so why did you do it in the post above this one then ?

and on that note i'm going to take my own advice and call it a night - nick, tom goodnight and i'll probably see you at rycote

jake - i guess you wont be attending as axminster have had the temerity to promote the event on here...

Jake":2n0iw6iw said:

Tough. I detest anonymity.

Nick Gibbs":1bf8smn7 said:
Jake":1bf8smn7 said:

Tough. I detest anonymity.

I don't think it is anonymity which is the reason for that, it is the concept of it being a "private message". I think they are meant to be confidential, which is why it is bad form. In this instance, I don't care, but I thought you ought to know for future as it is bad netiquette.

I know that, Jake, and I didn't do it lightly. I've never broken the confidentiality of a PM before, and though I know that I have possibly jeopardised the privacy of any PM I now send, sometimes one has to be willing to break the rules. I decided that your unwillingness to accept my olive branch was worth revealing considering you were prepared to judge my motives so unfavourably in the first place.

You can rationalise it however you like,it doesn't matter. I object more to your repeatedly not taking no for an answer in the PMs than to you trying to turn that on me in some weird way on here.

Jake":31o0rh21 said:
You can rationalise it however you like,it doesn't matter. I object more to your repeatedly not taking no for an answer in the PMs than to you trying to turn that on me in some weird way on here.

It does matter. You're either willing to stand up for what you believe in or you're not. I happen to have had to fight so hard to get my mags where they are now (and there's lots more to do) that I'm not prepared to bow to petty comments. Negativity is too easy. But we'll probably meet one day, accidentally, and get on really well! Good night.

Nick

Nick Gibbs":2rz9l0tw said:
You're either willing to stand up for what you believe in or you're not.

I agree with that, which is why I said what I think, despite knowing that some people would passionately disagree that you could do any wrong.

I might well be alone in which case frankly it doesn't matter for you. I might not be, in which case over-active marketing may be harming your cause in ways you hadn't appreciated. It's a balance which you have to strike. Whichever way you go, you can't demand that I, or anyone else, likes it.

Fair point, well put. I'll bear it in mind. Thanks.

Nick

Jake":1cyzpdtt said:
I meant what I said.

You refer to me as some sort of silly person and yet this post basically confirms that you decided to attack Nick for no logical reason and that you are not prepared to explain yourself. I normally respect you and you posts Jake, but I just can't fathom why you've decided to post such an unreasoned attack on someone who was merely saying thanks. Perhaps you need to go and get some fresh air.

:shock: :lol:

It's getting a bit heavy all this,

For what it's worth, I've had good advice from both of you, and that's what's important on the Forum, I realise that trying to get your point over on here is difficult, as like a text, you never really know in which sentiment it's sent in.

Jake, you're a full on tried and tested cabinetmaker, I would also suggest ( based on your forum content ) that your very good at it, as is Nick, as an editor of a growing magazine, however, I don't want to see two knowledgable individuals punch it out on a forum.

"opinions are like pineapples........everyone's got one"

That said, I'm off to bed as I've just spent 4 hours fettling my new TS, and it's not gone well :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back