laser levels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vala

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for a laser level, predominantly for site work but also for any smaller private jobs I may take on.

First hand all I have used has been the PLS 180 and I'm toying with sticking with this as my own purchase. However something that does concern me with the PLS is it not having a pendulum lock function (this would be handy whilst tools are being transported).
I have google'd this question and the Leica Lino L2+ does get a few mentions but spec wise it appears to be bigger then the PLS yet have as greater visible range.

Can anyone confirm this? Or even make a suggestion that's worth looking into?

Thanks

Pls has the best range . I went for the stabila lax200 as it's more rugged ,more accurate and more powerful. I sometimes wish I had the pls though because for stud walls and fitting cupboards they're great. If you place it against a wall it can fire the vertical beam almost all the way round to the rear of the unit. I'm sure you know this if you've used one

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

chippy1970 - thanks for the reply.
Yes the PLS is a very good bit of kit however having not used any other brand I didn't want to neglect any others. As I mentioned I see a fair few positive comments for the Leica one. At present it's larger mass is something I would have to see side by side with the PLS but I do like the pendulum lock feature.
Thanks for commenting about the Stabila LAX200, the 300 was on my shortlist.

Back