Laser engraving/cutting file source

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachakins

The most wasted of days is one without woodwork
Reaction score
Hi, been scouring Internet for free and paid for laser files. Tried looking for specific files with correct speed/power settings for the creality falcon 2 22w laser.

Anyone out there got the same machine?

I've run a few grid tests, but could do with some direct input on various materials settings, as the basic pdf with the laser is a tad limited.

So hoping others here can direct me, or is a case of such it and see, which is quite expensive on materials for testing when your shooting in the dark...

I joined a few falcon 2 pages on Facebook. Under files heading there is a list of materials for falcon 2 and all settings for each

I can`t help you with settings as I have no laser machine but I do use images for my cnc work. I am sure there is a speeds and feeds ready reckoner or chart somewhere for lasers.

You really only need SVG. files these can be found both free and paid on sites like freesvg.com, and freepic.com.
There are some free and some links to paid files there, if I use the file for a commercial project I will buy the file, you need to check the attributions because some are "free" for non commercial use only. I have in the past joined the paid subscription for a month if using a few files.
The other way is to get your own image and convert it to svg with Vectric or vector magic.

Ollie

What software do you use to produce your laser design on?

If you use lightburn there is a facility within it to create a test burn file

Try not to get too hung up on a certain feed and speed for a certain wood as there is a lot of variables. We do a lot of commercial work with our laser generally using British Oak, we always finish a scrap of wood out of the same batch which we use to dial in the laser.

An interesting point is the relationship between power and speed, I recently upgraded the laser head on our machine, doubling the power which logic would suggest that you could double the speed, beware you certainly cant.
Many other factors come into play including lines per inch or mm and over scanning to ensure that the outside edge of any burn is not over burnt.

Happy to help more

D

Back