Lamp stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Pinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Turned Maple, Resin & Milliput table lamp stand.
IMG_20200914_085455.jpg

Very neatly turned, Adam.
I'm not 100% sure of the shape, but that's just personal choice.
Lovely sharp lines between the timber and other materials.
Well done, (And slow down a bit, you make others of us feel guilty about lack of productivity 😳)

Very neatly turned, Adam.
I'm not 100% sure of the shape, but that's just personal choice.
Lovely sharp lines between the timber and other materials.
Well done, (And slow down a bit, you make others of us feel guilty about lack of productivity 😳)
Thanks Greg, it's fun making these and it does look better with its hat on :)

Just had to look Milliput up, never heard of it but it’s interesting, are you sure that wood is maple it looks more yellow than any maple I’ve ever used. Ian
Also the grain is very wide, I’ve always thought that maple is more like plastic when you work it as it’s so hard.

Just had to look Milliput up, never heard of it but it’s interesting, are you sure that wood is maple it looks more yellow than any maple I’ve ever used. Ian
Also the grain is very wide, I’ve always thought that maple is more like plastic when you work it as it’s so hard.
Hi, it's probably not Maple then, I'll call it mystery wood, it's just what the guy at the dump said..... 😀

I was thinking it was built up in layers but you've inlaid it?
Hi Phil, the tree wood and black stuff (I still don't really know what it is, I found a load at the dump, from my bit of research I think it's made from resin and paper, I believe it's the same stuff used on trains and planes) are layered yes... After I just made grooves for the Milliput...

Back