Ladybirds, hedgehogs and little owls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not get much time to do a lot of woodworking these days but can't refuse a request from the children to make something for the garden.

Working outside on the terrace is great with the weather we have had over the past couple of days, although having the workmate at a height the children can work at is a real pain for me!!

First pic is of some ladybird "homes", 5 squares of exterior ply bolted together with nuts as spacers and a hedgehog box.

DSCN6265.jpg

This is a nesting box for little owls, similar inside to the hedgehog box but with smaller holes and is now mounted up under the eaves of the barn.
Plans from The Barn Owl Trust

DSCN6266.jpg

All made from 1 sheet of ext ply cut at the shop into 20, 30 and 40cm strips all "we" had to do was cut to length, glue and screw.

Cheers

Andy

That is great Andy, i love to see the younger
generation actually "doing/making" things,
instead of playing computer games or watching
too much t.v. It looks like the "little elves" had a
really good time. 8) 8) 8)

with 3 small children working in any workshop is hazardous, it is difficult to keep them all occupied at the same time. Working out side meant I we only had to get out the tools that we needed and when they got a little bored they could wonder off until the next bit needing doing.

They were able to hold the saw and the drill/screwdriver and sanding the edges was good fun too.

Make to school next week!

Andy

Rob,
They could all speak and understand french before we left. The oldest (8) was just starting to read in english as well and she can now read and right equally well in both english and french, even speaks english with a french accent !! The twins (5) speak both languages equally well and are just starting to recognize words in both languages.

Papa is reading writing and speaking OK but understanding the spoken word is still hard.

Andy

Brill, Andy. And nice to catch up on how you're getting on too. :) Can't believe your twins are five! Yikes! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":5rbbmhsm said:
Brill, Andy. And nice to catch up on how you're getting on too. :) Can't believe your twins are five! Yikes! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Alf, it's good to see you're back too. Workking with the children is great for the mojo BTW, you should borrow some and give it a go, might put you back in the creative mood.

Cheers

Andy

Latest posts

Back