Lacewood & Brown Oak Hall Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynne

Established Member
Reaction score
I've posted this under Projects although it could reasonably be included in other threads (Design / Training etc.) as this is the result of a weeks (5 days) training with Roger Berwick (Dodge) last month. The design originated with my thoughts as to form, size and timber and was then worked up / modified by Roger in anticipation of us working together. The final choice of timber was left until we started and the design "adjusted" as the true nature of the wood became evident. As per the title, the carcass is Lacewood (or London Plane to be correct for the less decorative timber) with the drawer fronts being brown oak (burr). The drawer fronts are actually from the same boards that Rog used in his davenport (see his site for details). The finish is simply cellulose sanding sealer followed by organoil wax.

I'm really pleased with the result as is the boss (and I now have a small window of opportunity for some purchases!)

Happy to take questions or provide any information on the training (not sure if the latter needs to be done via PMs or not?).

Cheers

Glynne

Attachments

• IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,335
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,334
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 2,335
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,335
Hi Glynne

That really looks nice and suites the hallway well. I too am off to study with Roger starting in December and am looking forward to it.

That table looks beautiful Glynne. Rog certainly knows his stuff and it looks like he has passed it on to you. Well done mate.

excellent. lacewood has to be one of my favourite timbers.

I really like that. The proportions are perfect.

When I read the title I thought, "This will be interesting as I really liked the lacewood I had seen Roger use in the past." Then I realised you had done it with Roger.

Well done.

Mick

Absolutely stunning, it's because of posts like this I feel embarrassed showing my feeble attempts at woodwork.

You should be well pleased.

Stew

That's a fine family heirloom you've got there - and I bet it was a lot more fun making it than going out and buying an inferior substitute from a shop!

Back