Kregg pocket screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hibbo

Reaction score
Hello all, does anyone know where i can buy equivalent screws for the Kregg jig but cheaper than buying the original Kregg ones as i feel they are a bit to expencive.

Axminster do supply UJK Technolgy pocket hole screws. These screws use a T20 torx bit as opposed to the square drive bit from Kregg, I do not know how they compare regarding prices or quality.

Jan

Have a look on eBay, lots of Kregg ones and also some silverline ones that look better value.

They are properly called "Robertson" screws.

I actually got most of my stock from Toolstation a few years ago, but they are infuriating for carrying things just long enough for you to get used to them being in stock... then dropping the line!

Robertson screws might help your Googling though. There are different thread forms for different woods, though I think you'll get away with the 'chipboard/MDF' ones in most other materials.

If not Robertson, the Torx-headed ones that Axminster sells should work fine. The UJK jig seems to be functionally identical to the Kreg, and very similar sized drills (dunno if they are identical though).

You need to ensure that you have fine threads for screwing into hardwoods and need quality screws if using a drill or impact driver. I've had too many heads shear on Silverline and Dakota screws so only use Trend now. Never had a head shear on them and I've used quite a lot.

I use bog standard plasterboard (US drywall) screws which work perfectly.

boggy":2u185i3j said:
I use bog standard plasterboard (US drywall) screws which work perfectly.
I wouldn't use them anywhere that required an accurately centred fixing - the bl00dy heads tend to break off. Fine in plasterboard, you just move on, but you can't just put it somewhere else in the middle of a fixing.

Latest posts

Back