Kity K5 TCT saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilTilson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi -

I am having great difficulty locating a 200mm (or similar) saw blade for my 1982 K5 as it has a 15mm spindle and everything seems to be for 16mm or larger! I have found some adapter rings for 15mm, but they are apparently only suitable for Trend saw blades with dire warnings about using them for anything else. But I can't get a 200mm Trend blade!

Anyone any ideas, please?

Using any reducer that is a tad thinner than the saw plate is fine so long as the machine doesn't use cup flanges to secure the blade.

I've always used either Freud or CMT blades for all my saws. The CMT blades are a bit more expensive but I do seem to get better mileage out of them.

Trevanion":2w8sxr5i said:
Using any reducer that is a tad thinner than the saw plate is fine so long as the machine doesn't use cup flanges to secure the blade.

I have used thinner reducers with cup flanges Trevanion though don't know if it was safe practice tbh just needed a solution quickly and it worked.

All I did was lightly punch on both sides of the join between reducer and blade so it was tight enough so it couldn't come out.

Bob

Many thanks to all responders. I was wondering about the "don't use with cup flanges" but now I understand. The flanges on my Kity look like cups but are actually flush with the blade right down to the centre, so I guess that problem wouldn't arise.

I will now try to find a blade I can afford!

PhilTilson":333uii1j said:
Many thanks to all responders. I was wondering about the "don't use with cup flanges" but now I understand. The flanges on my Kity look like cups but are actually flush with the blade right down to the centre, so I guess that problem wouldn't arise.

I will now try to find a blade I can afford!

I remembered I saw a video where a bushing fell out with cup flanges and I managed to find it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV8RxG3u4Ek

Back