Bench saw blade reco's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reffc

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using a variety of blades for my bench saw in a professional workshop for a good 4 years now, including Axminster axcalibre premium TCT 60T and Shark Ultra 80T blades amongst a few others from Bosch and similar budget end ones, and they've been sharpened a few times now and probably in need of replacing. They've all had similar use. Surprisingly I have been disappointed by the Axminster blades. They weren't especially cheap at around £100 each for the 10 inch ones but after their second sharpen are now starting to leave burn marks with just several months use since. The cheaper ones I don't bother resharpening which costs more than they're worth.

The one positive surprise was Shark. I do't know who makes blades for this brand but their Ultra range (10") have been excellent and despite being half the price of the premium Axcalibres, have easily outlasted the Axminster ones and stayed sharper for longer and have been quieter in use with very low runout.
I do clean my blades regularly using either dilute IPA solution or that stuff sold by Trend. Before I go and order a load of shark blades is there anything else people might recommend? I see Freud mentioned regularly but haven't tried those yet. It seems most 10" blades tend to be sold as "mitre saw" blades with fewer dedicated shallower angled bench saw blades available, but I've had no issues using the slightly more aggressive positive angled teeth of mitre saw blades on my sawbench.

Back