Kity 619 Saw Table Rip Fence Adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyC Longwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone offer advice on whether the rip fence can be adjusted so it runs parallel with the saw table/saw blade - at the moment it is approximately 1.5mm outline of true from front to back of table - I have measured across from the mitre slot at the front and back of the table to the rip fence.

Any advice much appriecated.

Andy

Andy, I have the 619 and to be honest I've never tried to ensure it's 100% parallel front to back. From what I recall sat in the warmth of the lounge it only clamps at one edge, so if it's out of true you may be able to shim it.

Best practice with table saw fences for ripping is that they don't extend beyond the first gulley of your saw blade, this helps reduce the chances of binding and kick back.

Do I take it from your name that you live in Longwood? If so I'm not too far from you if you wanted to compare saws - and you could point out all the things wrong in my set up!!

Cheers

Damian

Hi Andy
I used to own a 619 and had the same problem.
I don't think there is any adjustment on the fence itself.
I discovered that the rail that the fence runs on had become worn (it's only ali) over part of it's length, and this was throwing the fence out when it was clamped.
I resolved it by swapping the rail over with the one that runs along the rear of the saw, which was as new condition. Just means that you will have to buy a new scale for the rail.
Iirc there may be a very small amount of slack in the holes through which the ali rail is fixed to the table. You may be able to gain some adjustment there by snugging one up tight and freeing the other fully off.

Cheers Damian, maybe I am a little concerned about accuracy of the machine and the various attachments - but given that the instructions for assembly that came with the saw were in every language but english was not a good starting point! I am still trying to align the sliding mitre table.

I do indeed live in longwood just outside huddersfield is that near yourself? I would be grateful of any advice you could offer on using the saw and it would be great to meet up with a fellow woodwork.

Cheers,

Andy

Cheers Trousers,
I have checked in the limited instructions and think that I maybe able to unscrew slightly the fence off the sliding mechanism and try to make a minor adjustment then re-secure it!! My saw is brand new so the front rail is not worn, although that leads me on to my other grip which is the accuracy of the measuring scale, it also seems to be a few mm's out - once again I think I should be able to un-screw the rail/measure adjust and re-scure???
Any thoughts much appreicated.
Andy

Ha ha, good luck with the sliding carriage and remember to ignore all the guides on the machine (they are only guides), you'll need some squares and bevels to get the angles all set up.

It's a fiddle but is only a fiddle because it's very adjustable and once set up will give great results.

I'm up on the Scape so your side of Huddersfield

I take it you know that the distributors for Kity are based in Brighouse in case you have other questions relating to their gear

Yes it is fiddly but I am really pleased with the saw and once its adjusted I look forward to many years of use, I have a long list of projects I wish to build.
Scape Goat not far away do you frequent the Scape Goat Inn?
Yes I have been in touch with NMA a few times to get better instructions and also purchased a PT85 from them.

although that leads me on to my other grip which is the accuracy of the measuring scale, it also seems to be a few mm's out - once again I think I should be able to un-screw the rail/measure adjust and re-scure???
Any thoughts much appreicated.

The measure rail is fully adjustable iirc, but do it before you attach the side extension table (if you have one).

Can you remember how to adjust the measure rail, I have looked in the instructions and cannot find any reference to adjusting it.
I am assuming I have to un-screw it from the table and adjust and re-fix??

Andy

yes i'm pretty sure thats what I did (but mine was an older model).

There's a couple of smallish hex head bolts which are located under the table and rail.The nuts are captured by the rail. Slacken off and reposition the rail.

Latest posts

Back