Kity 618 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill sellers":2qhz4ujo said:
Maltrout, that's it. Now all I need are those bars, or dimensions so I can make some. Many thanks.

Bill.

Bill, I've got the same table. All you need is two tubes and two lengths of hardwood the same length as the tubes, approx 1" wide by 1/2" high with one face concave to match the tubes. The h/w mounts between the tubes and the alloy support arms. The original kit uses a metal channel to allow full forward / back adjustability but probably a lot easier to use hw.
I'll be able to get out to the shed later so I can measure exactly & provide pics if you still need assistance.
Toby

Bill, here you go..
Tube OD 32mm
Length 1274mm - Not critical if you've got the room go a bit longer, unless you are going to be cutting very heavy stuff.
Metal U channel width 15.18mm
Metal U channel height 16mm
Although I've said U channel, it is actually U with the ends turned over to hold a nut captive in the channel.

Definitely a Kity 618
Kity618.jpg

General view of rails
Photo0186.jpg

Looking along underneath one rail you can see the black knob screws into a nut held captive in the bent over U channel. So when slackened off the two rails can move back / forward.
Photo0190.jpg

Underneath view both rails, shows the slight nibs on the alloy castings that locate the tubes in position
Photo0192.jpg

The tubes are bolted onto the green cross-plates at each end. The U channels are self tapped into the underside of the tubes. The knurled rod is spring loaded in the up position to prevent the sliding carriage sliding right off the end.
Photo0193.jpg

So the horizontal separation of the tubes is taken care of by the alloy castings as is the vertical height wrt the table surface. You can shim the mounting screws at the table end of the alloy castings to get it spot on. You don't really need the full length U channels if you can live without the forward / back adjustment, just a short section where each of the main fixing screws are.

Any questions?

Attachments

• Kity618.jpg
    Kity618.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo0186.jpg
    Photo0186.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo0190.jpg
    Photo0190.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo0192.jpg
    Photo0192.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo0193.jpg
    Photo0193.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 44
Bill sellers":2rrqbxiv said:
Macros, thanks for your input. It's not really like either of those I don't think. The two cast alloy brackets mount under the table to the left of the blade. Then, probably two pieces of ally box section fit into the slots in the brackets to create a sort of railway. The maybe a bar on the rail nearest the table. It's all guesswork at the moment.

Hi Bill,

Long shot here but following on from your 2013 posts re the Kity 618 - did you ever source the sliding table carriage and if so, where? I've the opposite problem to yours - I've a Kity 618 with carriage but missing the sliding table. I've made a home made one which works fine but it would be nice to have the original design.

Cheers,

Oisin Hanrahan

Latest posts

Back