Kity 618 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill sellers

Reaction score
Can anybody help! I just bought an old kity 618, it came with a sliding mitre table and the cast ali mounting brackets. But it seems to need the rails that it runs on. I don't have a manual which would show how it all goes together. Can't find anything on the web, so does anyone have any info please.

Hello John,
I gave that a try, and someone called Simon Knott replied saying sorry but they no longer have spares. I asked if they had spares or a manual. I wonder if this is a dead end?

I have a 617 that I have had from new and have the manual for it and I guess that it is similar to yours.
I you tell me what you need to know I will see if I can help.

Hello, I would like to find out what the machine looks like fully assembled with the sliding table attached. It would be nice if your manual had a schematic showing it. I have the table but not the rails it runs on. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
Bill.

The manual is 60 pages long but does not have a single diagram of the whole machine but has diagrams on every page showing set up and use of individual parts of the machine.
I will take a photo of mine and upload tonight.
It sounds as if you are missing 2 steel bars for the table to run on these should be easy to make I can measure them and give you sizes.

Kity Pictures

Attachments

• Kity 1.jpg
    Kity 1.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Kity3.JPG
    Kity3.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Kity2.JPG
    Kity2.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 179
Kity 618

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 158
Hello Powertools, I've put some pictures of my Kity,and as you can see my model is quite a bit different. Shame, but I recon in runs on some kind of square rail, and a bar nearest the bed of the saw.

Macros, thanks for your input. It's not really like either of those I don't think. The two cast alloy brackets mount under the table to the left of the blade. Then, probably two pieces of ally box section fit into the slots in the brackets to create a sort of railway. The maybe a bar on the rail nearest the table. It's all guesswork at the moment.

Bill sellers":3lbl9paj said:
No worries Powertools, thanks for your efforts.
I'm wondering what year the 618 was manufactured?

Bill.

Not sure on the year. I just googled kity 618 and found a link back to this site from 2006

Latest posts

Back