Kity 613 Bandsaw - ? Missing part ? Woodturning.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runtonfossil

Reaction score
I'm afraid that I am a complete newbie at this, having only taken up woodworking as a hobby, on my recent retirement!

A seller of a Kity 613 bandsaw states that " the sliding protractor fence & blade are missing". I have discovered that the blades are easily obtainable; but cannot find any info on the fence mentioned.

What is the fence for, presumably for angles or mitres? If I cannot get a replacement should I stay well clear?

I am hoping eventually to have a go at woodturning & to save expense, I am wondering whether the Kity 613 would be OK for preparing my own woodturning blanks, or should I save up my excess pension (ha! ha!), to buy a more suitable model?

Well, that's enough questions for now, although I have many; but I really am very grateful to have you guys to turn to.

Hi and welcome to the forum

The missing protractor should not be a problem and they are cheap to replace (mine on the Charnwood bandsaw cost £15).

You could easily make your own if desired

I have the Kity 613 bandsaw. The track for the protractor is not standard(3/4") so you will have to make an insert of hardwood.
I am just about to complete a new top for my Kity so I will have a fence spare if you want one.
You also need to check that you are being supplied the French to UK lead that comes with the Kity. I replaced the NVR on my Kity and binned the cable.
Hope this helps
Barry

Back