Kity 419 Grooving Cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scruffyduck

Reaction score
Hi All

I am a joiner/cabinet maker and I specialize in making windows for old and listed buildings.

I use a Kity 419 as my table saw, built into a bench along with a large upturned Router. I do a lot of grooving and at the moment tend to use the saw and move the fence to widen the slot. I do have a dado cutter (but as we all know they are not legal in the UK :D ) but it is no use over about 8mm because of the stub spindle.

I saw that there are groovers for the Kity but so far (and I have asked) no-one can tell me much about them, neither are there any pictures it seems. Just wondered if anyone has either seen them or used them?

thanks!!!

Jon,
Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with the Kity question I am afraid but I guess it's possible they are the same as the Scheppach variety now that NMA (http://www.nmauk.com/scheppach/scheppach.html) have taken over what's left of Kity. The Scheppach groovers work very well and I see no reason in principle why they shouldn't work on another saw given an appropriate nut which could be made by any competent engineering shop.

I suggest you give NMA a call. Don't bother emailing them, they are much better on the phone.

Welcome to the forum :)
Sorry I cant help you with your problem but if you could let me know what you think of the kity.
Thanks

Thanks Guys - I did ask the wholesaler about the Scheppach groovers but he did not think they would fit a Kity. I'll head over to the Horses mouth as you suggest :D

Looking at my Kity "tooling & Accessories" catalogue the only groover listed for use in saw tables is an 8mm non adjustable one for use in their tennoning jig (box joint cutter)

They do have some adjustable groovers similar to the scheppach ones but they are intended for use on their spindle moulders. Although they have a 30mm bore it looks like your arbour will be too short and the diameter is a bit small.

Jason

PS if you want a scan of the pages, send me a PM

Thanks guys - it sounds like it would not work for me. I have a tenoning jig, but mostly I use loose tenons. If I am rebating then I use the standard blade and two cuts - very fast and accurate and the waste pieces are great kindling :D .

When I do need to groove I use the saw blade and I have an Incra micro adjustable fence. Just thought I might save a bit of time but I generally can't predict what the groove width is going to be. I also have a spindle moulder.

Back