Kitchen Fitting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveH

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first solo kitchen fit-out, what do you think its not totally finished. It should be finished by Friday :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This kitchen was done for my brother so was priced cheaply, I was wondering what sort of price people charge so I can get a better idea of pricing for non-family members?[/list]

Well Dave, if it's labour only, I think you should be looking at about £15/16.00 p/h, this may seem cheap, but in the present climate and going by the old adage that one good job leads to another, I'd say proceed with that price in mind, you may well get away with a higher price for a one-off, but you might not be asked back again, little fish are sweet.

Regards,

Rich.

Looks absolutely fine to me, Dave.

As for pricing; how long did it take you? My guess is about a week start to finish.

Between £750 & £1000 would sound about right. However, I suspect that given the impending recession there will be less kitchens being fitted and more guys looking to fit them.

So £500 -£750 will in all probability be the going rate. Unfortunately if things get really tight people will more than likely do it themselves or get a bloke from down the pub to do it for 200 notes.

Dan

Nice work Dave

What did you do? The tiling? Plumbing? Were the units pre-built?

It only looks to be a small kitchen, and would guess that it probably would have taken 3/4 days + any plumbing work and tiling. For that size job I would quote around £600 plus tiling.

HTH

Cheers

Karl

I did everything including the rip out, painting, plumbing, tiling. The units where pre-made Howden units. Just about 2 weeks work when finished.

I would have said about £150 a day. = £750 for a week's work. I would also say that £1,000 for a kitchen fit ain't a bad price either.

As others are saying though, lowering prices in these difficult times for the consturction industry will probably serve you well.

Back