kitchen drawer tool kit anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Whilst at the in-laws earlier I was asked if I could just swap the new fridge door around.
'Got a screwdriver?' I ask, whereupon I am handed something a little better than a Christmas cracker prize!
Needless to say it was not a successful endeavour until I went home, grabbed my own tools and returned.

Buy the best tools you can afford has always been my mantra, but when trying to equip a luddite who will generally call someone in (usually me) for anything more than changing a fuse, money will not be spent easily.

So any recommendations for cheap tools** that actually work? Not to be used on a regular basis just sit in the drawer and be brought out for those little jobs about the house, changing plugs, assembling small purchases etc.

Anyone have any positive experience of hand tools from the likes of german supermarkets, screw fix, etc.

The usual suspects - Philips / pozidrive x2 ,flat head + electrical screwdrivers, pliers or pipe grips, stanley knife, hammer, tape measure etc.

cheers
nev

Why not do what I did for my daughter - made a selection of my tools that might be useful to her, passed them on and then had excuse to buy myself better ones :D

I bought my father a set of screwdrivers from Halfords whilst they were on offer. Quality-wise they're not bad at all, but annoyingly the set consists of just Pozi and Slotted screwdrivers and no Phillips, meaning he still pinches my Weras.

I have the little ratchet screwdriver set with interchangable bits from Lidl in my kitchen drawer. It punches well above it's price........ All my tools tend to end up in my workshop which is a couple of miles away from home but this has saved the day on many an occasion.

nev":1uwft5c7 said:
Anyone have any positive experience of hand tools from the likes of german supermarkets, screw fix, etc.
Yes for Lidl and Aldi. I've never been thoroughly disappointed with any tool I've bought from either and some have proven to be excellent.

My partner has a tool kit set from Ikea she bought years ago and it's actually really good. I don't think they offer the exact set any more (it's this one) but at least it points to their quality potentially being decent.

I have got a tool box and scruffy clothes that always goes in the boot when I visit the wrinklies

My f in l has bad habit of asking me to do "a small job" about 5 minutes before we are due to depart.
This is after I have been sat in a chair for 2 hours. Bored to tears

I have a took kit under the kitchen sink, even though the garage where all my other tools is attached to the house and accessible from the kitchen, it just saves time and can be taken out visiting.

Pete

Latest posts

Back