Kit out a complete DIY workshop for £2.5k (or less if poss)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the dust extraction is anything like my 707 then don't expect it to work miracles - it's not bad but it's not great. Mine is connected to a 100mm extraction which I'm not convinced is ideal. With a box at the back as well it might well be acceptable - I might get around to it when I replace the workbench later this year (hmmm perhaps next year now).

Thanks. Might not be great with the mitre saw, but I'll use it for other tools too. A basic vacuum has been doing the job on the plunge saw which has been fine, so something like the earlex will just be a long term solution.

Shane":35bl45sw said:
It's worth considering the fien dustex 40 vac as well, this is similar to the one I use, well worth the extra money
Thanks. At more than double the money, what makes it worth the extra?

Earlex ones are ok, but (imo) the fien felt a lot more durable and the extra capacity was a big plus

Probably shouldn't bump this, but I saw someone mentioned he couldn't find a tool shop in Brighton (a decent one!) so I am going to reccommend one :)

Aird & Co. in Preston Road (also have a shop in Bond Street IIRC) stock large number of brands inc. the stuff Axminster keep. Not cheapest on everything but they do some good deals because they have DeWalt recon stuff. Ideal for saving a bit of money for beer.

RyanGillam":2ktv2nrw said:
Probably shouldn't bump this
Why not? I don't mind, thanks for the recommendation. I've found Brighton Tools & Fixings who are helpful. They have a nice selection of Festools, which is a negative - best to stay away from sych things. Reasonably priced. I'll check out Aird & Co, thanks.

Triggaaar":1es5o3xo said:
RyanGillam":1es5o3xo said:
Probably shouldn't bump this
Why not? I don't mind, thanks for the recommendation. I've found Brighton Tools & Fixings who are helpful. They have a nice selection of Festools, which is a negative - best to stay away from sych things. Reasonably priced. I'll check out Aird & Co, thanks.

Airds do a greater range of Hand Tools than Brighton Tools (proper quality stuff!) and I am sure can find you the best tools for the job. Terribly helpful in there. Preston Road shop is more focused on the trade. Good range of machinery in the centre! don't touch the Ryobi table saw though its mine :p (I wish :()

Back