• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Kiln Drying

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Giff

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I have asked this before but does anyone know where to get small (ish) batches
of beech and cherry kiln dried. Preferably Cheshire / North West but anywhere in the UK would
be possible. Thanks Giff

Chip shop

Established Member
Reaction score
We've got a heat / vent kiln in North Wales. Not sure when we're next chucking a load of sawn timber in though, as it's currently drying firewood.

How green is the timber, and what section is it?

Giff

Established Member
Reaction score
They are in boards max 2.8mtrs 500mm x 40mm, some a bit thicker. The Cherry was planked in August and
has been sticked and air dried since. The beech is being planked on Monday. Moisture content is over 30%.

Regards Geoff

Chip shop

Established Member
Reaction score
How desperate are you to use the timber? The cherry is probably not far off ready for the kiln, but the beech sounds like it could do with a couple of months in stick for best results.

Our unit is 20' * 8' and I'd need to have the kiln full before it's switched on. If you could let me know the quantity, I'll work out a schedule.

Cheers,

Ed.

Giff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed
Can you give me an idea of cost if I had about 1/2 a kiln full. There wouldn't be a desperate rush. You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks Geoff

Latest posts