Kiln Drying

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giff

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I have asked this before but does anyone know where to get small (ish) batches
of beech and cherry kiln dried. Preferably Cheshire / North West but anywhere in the UK would
be possible. Thanks Giff

We've got a heat / vent kiln in North Wales. Not sure when we're next chucking a load of sawn timber in though, as it's currently drying firewood.

How green is the timber, and what section is it?

They are in boards max 2.8mtrs 500mm x 40mm, some a bit thicker. The Cherry was planked in August and
has been sticked and air dried since. The beech is being planked on Monday. Moisture content is over 30%.

Regards Geoff

How desperate are you to use the timber? The cherry is probably not far off ready for the kiln, but the beech sounds like it could do with a couple of months in stick for best results.

Our unit is 20' * 8' and I'd need to have the kiln full before it's switched on. If you could let me know the quantity, I'll work out a schedule.

Cheers,

Ed.

Hi Ed
Can you give me an idea of cost if I had about 1/2 a kiln full. There wouldn't be a desperate rush. You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks Geoff

Back