Kids

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In support of the OP I can say that dealing with other people’s kids in general can be frustrating to say the least. There are a number of parents out there who are happy to just let their kids run riot and then just tune out and look a their phones. If you are working in their houses I don’t know how you manage to keep it together, Kuodos to you.

On saying that I am a parent and I really enjoy it when I can get my kids involved. The problem is your focus needs to be on them in the most part and the work has to be secondary.
3CAC1AD3-A1C5-41DA-996C-2E7279036804.jpeg
48600BF1-640A-4997-8EB6-B2C228D036E1.jpeg
A39D56CC-842F-4560-A714-9CCF03AD208A.jpeg

Get them involved.
You're creating memories which they will carry forever.

Really great to see so many here letting the youngsters get involved and not wrapping them up in cotton wool. The odd hurt finger or two teaches them more that never exposing them to risk. Although the pneumatic floor nailer looked a bit OTT in one pic😁
By nine year old, we were melting lead off old electric cable with a paraffin blowtorch and moulding it in the frogs of bricks to make our own bullion bars. 😳 H&SE and child services would have a head fit if nine year olds were playing with blowtorches now. Probably cite child abuse😗

Not only do they infuriate me but it's dangerous, I'm half an hour away from drop kicking one of them over the wall, thanks.
You sound young, but it's never too early to join the grumpy old git's club!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Really great to see so many here letting the youngsters get involved and not wrapping them up in cotton wool. The odd hurt finger or two teaches them more that never exposing them to risk. Although the pneumatic floor nailer looked a bit OTT in one pic😁
By nine year old, we were melting lead off old electric cable with a paraffin blowtorch and moulding it in the frogs of bricks to make our own bullion bars. 😳 H&SE and child services would have a head fit if nine year olds were playing with blowtorches now. Probably cite child abuse😗
They really wouldn’t.

When I melted lead on a hob to make dive weights the saucepan melted????

Our son is good with measuring, UK tapes that I like have imperial and metric and he likes inches and feet best (in the UK) for some reason. I usually use mm but most tapes have cm, with metres marked in red but still as a cm fugure so he gets a bit jumbled!

If the parents can't keep their "angels" out of sight and sound from you, remind them that there will be an extra charge on top of £45 per hour for childcare on top of the bill.

Back