kickback on circular saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sean_in_limerick":fyy09sxx said:
Does anyone know how to get an extra 4 or 5 hours in the day so i can do some real work in my workshop?

Sean

Easy:
1. Swap roles with SWMBO
2. Stay home to raise children, be homemaker (PC for househusband) etc.
3. Head for workshop immediately school run is completed
4. Return to house in time to collect kids from school and look busy in time for return of boss.

Problem solved, oh I forgot to put in "Marry woman with high earning potential" but I suppose that goes without saying.
:wink:

Mark

Hi All - just to close this, it seems the problem is probably due to the narrow kerf, it's wide enough for the riving knife, but the wood tightens as i cut through and pinches the blade. I am still suprised this stops the saw in its tracks but it the only problem i can see - i will buy a crosscut blade with a wider kerf and hopefully this will be the end of the problem.

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Sean

sean, before spending on a new blade why not try one of the sheet clips or even a wedge to drive in once your blade clears the near edge

if your blade and riving knife are the same width, then the problem
must lie in the wood closing up after the knife. so a wedge seems to be
the answer.
try it first

paul :wink:

not sure how i would insert a wedge and keep a full complement of fingers! I am crosscutting timber so the saw-base won't clear the wood to allow me to fix in a wedge.

Would a wider kerf/riving knife actually help do you think?

Sean
If you use a wedge, you can make it a long one, about 300mm should do for a start and you still keep the pinkys :D

sean, another cheapskate thought. why not clamp the wood
on either side of your kerf, say within 3 inches, to the bottom
of the worktop, and see whether this helps. the important thing
is to try and understand what is happening.

somehow the wood is moving, so the idea is to try and stop
that happening.

paul :wink:

Latest posts

Back