Ken rescues dis-honourable GB ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":2l4k9oaa said:
=D> =D> =D> Well said. ...... or the people who empty the prince of Wales' snot bucket.

I was offered that job but I turned it down flat...I said NO I am not as a human being going to take all that snot..Sorry my mistake that was Winston with the brandy and cigars :lol:

cutting42":3cz3a6mi said:

My daughters headmistress got an OBE for a lifetime in education as an outstanding teacher and significant charity fund raiser. My brothers father in law was knighted a few years ago for a lifetime as one of the greatest scientists in the world.

I fully support a system that rewards extraordinary achievements and enables a nation to laud its citizens that deserve it. I disagree that it deserves "detesting",......

=D> =D>

I agree 100% with you on this. Seems to me there are too many sackcloth-wearing gruel-polishing petty-class-envying folk around who'd prefer us all ground down to the lowest common-denominator.

Of the 1,223 people named in the 2013 New Year Honours List 72% are community workers including many who have "undertaken outstanding work in their communities either in a voluntary or paid capacity".

cutting42":3rx6snft said:
I fully support a system that rewards extraordinary achievements and enables a nation to laud its citizens that deserve it.

We see things somewhat differently. In my view those that are truly worthy of praise are precisely those who would not want such praise.... they are the people who do extraordinary things simply because they wish to do so and because they think it's the right thing to do!

RogerS":3rx6snft said:
Seems to me there are too many sackcloth-wearing gruel-polishing petty-class-envying folk around who'd prefer us all ground down to the lowest common-denominator.

It strikes me that there exists in our history the significant influence of a soul who was quite happy wearing sackcloth and taking gruel... Not that I'm any follower mind you... 2012 odd years ago.

There's certainly no envy from me towards any other classes, but there IS utter contempt for the privilege of inherited upper-class that permeates these shores!

IMO the current honours system serves simply to help keep most of you lot in place, to remind you where your place is.

I'm struggling to erase an image from my mind that concerns a recent gathering of Her Majesty and George Osborne and Theresa May surrounded by bars of gold, and it's absolutely horrible...
so horrible....
too horrible to contemplate...

that, in this day and age, any adult anywhere on this planet should show such pathetic cringe-worthy subservience to any other adult on this planet.....

as indicated by the body-language of the Osborne and May!

Sorry, it's such a horrible image I have to go and vomit.... again!

Well done Ken Livingstone and Danny Boyle.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WandrinAndy":2b2n4t9r said:
cutting42":2b2n4t9r said:
I fully support a system that rewards extraordinary achievements and enables a nation to laud its citizens that deserve it.

We see things somewhat differently. In my view those that are truly worthy of praise are precisely those who would not want such praise.... they are the people who do extraordinary things simply because they wish to do so and because they think it's the right thing to do!

So it would seem!

Maybe you are happy to let others great works go unmentioned and pass them by, I am not so willing to do that. I agree that the most deserving do not do it in expectation of reward which it is why they often deserve public recognition. Have you never praised your child or partner, a friend maybe for a great job well done. Maybe it was just for doing their job, maybe it was for creating an outstanding piece of music or maybe it was just for being there for you! I know I have and will continue to do so.

I see no difference here with the principle of the honours list, I already stated I don't like the use of it for career politicians and senior civil servants where it seems to become a right rather than an honour but for the general public it is a great institution and they deserve your support.

Latest posts

Back