Keller Dovetail Jigs Cutters.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Are there any Keller Jig users out there?

I can't find a UK supplier of the jigs. I already own the smallest one, which I bought from dear old Roy Sutton years ago. It's the ideal jig for quick dovetails for kitchen drawers that are to be fitted with false fronts.

I have two problems now. I want to use up some 7/8 inch Parana Pine, and my Keller won't handle that thickness.
My cutters need replacing.

Keller don't answer any emails, so I presume they won't ship to the UK, which makes buying the next size jig a non-option.

I'd cut the joints by hand but I need two matching bookcases in a hurry, so I can start de-cluttering my spare room(s).

I can find new cutters on the flea-bay but I am suspect of quality and whether they fit my Imperial routers.

Has any one any solutions to the multifarious problems, apart from using a Leigh jig. (Mine was ruined when the water tank split and leaked water all over it, unbeknownst to me. It was too late to rescue it when I discovered the problem.)

Leigh make a similar jig called the R9, but again I don't know what thickness of timber it will handle. Also there are too many negative reviews on Axminster for my liking.

Any advice on either of the jigs would be gratefully received.

Please don't advise me to cut the joints by hand. These days I have to fit woodwork in between visits to my Lady who is now in full time care, so I want to work faster; and besides at 78, the less time I spend stooped over dovetails the better!

Thanks in anticipation folks.

John

Hi John -
Our apologies for having missed any emails from you regarding replacement bits or capacities for the Keller Dovetail System. We've been manufacturing them for 41 years, and we are pleased to offer replacement router bits and other parts and full sets in the UK and worldwide.

Please contact me directly at dkeller1 [at] sonic [dot] net, and I can provide a quotation for the costs of the parts and shipping.

Regarding cutting in 7/8" stock: that would require the next size set, either the Model 2401 Pro Dovetail System, or the Model 2200 Journeyman Dovetail System. Pricing (in $US) and specifications can be found at our website. We do offer you a 10% discount as this would be a second set. By contacting me directly, we can discuss shipping and payment options or any other details you need for successful dovetailing.

Thank you so much for posting your questions. Of course, the Keller Dovetail System remains as simple, accurate, quick and forthright as ever. Enjoyable too!

Best wishes,
David Keller
Keller & Co.
1327 I St.
Petaluma, CA 94952 USA
(707) 763-9336
kellerdovetail [dot] com
Manufacturing excellence since 1976.

Great to see the manufacturer on the site and offering a good solution. Well done David.

Keller Dovetail":1ktcwtc9 said:
Hi John -
Our apologies for having missed any emails from you regarding replacement bits or capacities for the Keller Dovetail System. We've been manufacturing them for 41 years, and we are pleased to offer replacement router bits and other parts and full sets in the UK and worldwide.

Please contact me directly at dkeller1 [at] sonic [dot] net, and I can provide a quotation for the costs of the parts and shipping.

Regarding cutting in 7/8" stock: that would require the next size set, either the Model 2401 Pro Dovetail System, or the Model 2200 Journeyman Dovetail System. Pricing (in $US) and specifications can be found at our website. We do offer you a 10% discount as this would be a second set. By contacting me directly, we can discuss shipping and payment options or any other details you need for successful dovetailing.

Thank you so much for posting your questions. Of course, the Keller Dovetail System remains as simple, accurate, quick and forthright as ever. Enjoyable too!

Best wishes,
David Keller
Keller & Co.
1327 I St.
Petaluma, CA 94952 USA
(707) 763-9336
kellerdovetail [dot] com
Manufacturing excellence since 1976.

Thank you David. Full marks! Information gratefully received. PM and email sent.

John

Back