Keeping My Hand In

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooty

Established Member
Reaction score
With one thing and another it's been weeks since I was on the lathe I have been trying my hand at Scroll sawing kind of like it as much as turning!
Then I had the chainsaw break down fixed that then Bandsaw broke down stripped all the threads on the Tensioner so had to strip bandsaw down and fix that? been a funny old couple of months.

Thought I had better do a little Lathe work to keep my hand in so went in the shed last week and did these.
All woods are wax finnish except the Cherry bowl which had 3 coats of Danish oil
All wood marked unknown are from a local guy who sells wood for woodburning stoves.
Hope you like them?

Spaltered Silver Birch 7in x 4in

Unknown 7in x 4 1/2in

Unknown 9in x 4in

Unknown 5in x 5in

Unknown 8in x 5in

Bubinga 3in x 5 1/4in

Unknown 6 1/2in x 6in

Cherry 6 1/2in x 5 1/2in

Phil

Nice work Sooty, luv the clean finish... you've definitely got your hand in :wink:

All look excellent,and all beautifully finished :D
Great use of "unknown" timber (much better than burning it..!)

Andrew

All neat and functional, consider hand well and truly 'kept in'.

It does not take an exotic creative wonder to impart the "satisfaction" factor into a day in the shed.

Thanks for the replies.
I love going and sorting through the firewood I can spend hours looking for the right piece and he is very cheap to, just wish I could identify most of the wood I come across.

Back