Just wanted to introduce myself

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toitoi

Established Member
Reaction score
I did not see a thread for introducing yourself, so I am posting this here.

I have decided to get back into woodworking again after many years away from it.
I have started to accumulate some hand tools to add to my electric tools.
I am also building a bench to do the work upon. Very slow progress there I am afraid.

I have been lurking here for several months and have really enjoyed reading the various posts and WIPs.
Seems a very nice community here.

I live in Germany but as an ex-Pat American, I have been looking for a "Local" English language Forum.

toitoi (John)

Hi John

Welcome to the Forum. You're right, nearly everyone here will go out of their way to help anyone.

Just FYI, I'm an expat Brit living in Switzerland (not exactly round the corner from you - about 3 hours drive to München), and "bodgerbaz" of this parish (mainly on the scroll saw forum) lives roughly midway between Karlsruhe and Köln (so in Deutschland too, but even further from Bavaria).

Should you need a good tool shop there is Dictum Tools in München (info will follow in a sec). Very good shop, usual disclaimers.

AES

Added:

Here you go John:

https://www.dictum.com/de/

Hi John,
Welcome to the forum :D

I have no German connection to add though! (although I do occasionally visit Lidl and Aldi for cheap tools and bratwurst.....if that counts!).

AES":3o1wkrgw said:
Hi John

Welcome to the Forum. You're right, nearly everyone here will go out of their way to help anyone.

Just FYI, I'm an expat Brit living in Switzerland (not exactly round the corner from you - about 3 hours drive to München), and "bodgerbaz" of this parish (mainly on the scroll saw forum) lives roughly midway between Karlsruhe and Köln (so in Deutschland too, but even further from Bavaria).

Should you need a good tool shop there is Dictum Tools in München (info will follow in a sec). Very good shop, usual disclaimers.

AES

Added:

Here you go John:
/

Thank you for the welcome. I know Dictum but haven't managed a visit to their shops yet. It is on the list though.

I have been mostly ordering online from Dieter Schmid's Finetools.

Yup, Dieter Schmidt is also very good John, but being up somewhere around Berlin I think, I've never been there. But like you, I've ordered from them on line. Very good, and the only people I've found who sell 2 mm (and 2.5 mm too) brad point drills BTW. With my last order I even got a free packet of Gummibären to chew too!

AES

Back