Just to stir the pot, has anyone noticed...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If facts are facts let's also compare the number of treatments between the two very different dates. Disregarding any political viewpoint..... Never let the facts get in the way of a rant Eh?
No its not a rant, just a fact, yes lets compare the number of treatments, so, where is your chart or statistics?

Like my late brother used to say,
It all started with who had the biggest club and the most hairy mates,then along came some bloke called William who split up the UK and installed his mates and in the passage of time descendents of those mates still control the UK finances.
My history might not be facially accurate but should be close enough.

then along came some bloke called William who split up the UK [...]
I presume that you mean 'factually accurate' and I must say that it is not 'close enough' for me :) !

The 'UK' did not exist when 'William' popped in - - - even 'Great Britain' didn't exist then either, that came about in 1707 with the Act of Union so naturally the 'UK' couldn't exist prior to that, since the full title was "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland"

Unless you are able to compare ALL of the data it's pointless just pushing a graph that agrees with your opinion...
There may be other's with different opinions who feel just as strongly as you. I don't have any opinions as I don't work in the NHS or not a position to know the full facts. That's why I find unproven opinions irksome.... No body puts forward a balanced view.

Unless you are able to compare ALL of the data it's pointless just pushing a graph that agrees with your opinion...
There may be other's with different opinions who feel just as strongly as you. I don't have any opinions as I don't work in the NHS or not a position to know the full facts. That's why I find unproven opinions irksome.... No body puts forward a balanced view.
Well here's your chance - give us a balanced view, or tell us where we might find one.
Where are the alternative graphs?

A report by the Kings Fund on waiting lists - 2021 so does not properly reflect the full impact of Covid or industrial action:

Kings fund

This makes interesting reading - the major takeaway messages are that:
  • looking at a single measure of waiting lists is utterly superficial
  • the very valid point is made is that waiting lists are but a small part of the NHS challenge - it does not deal with mental health, care of the elderly, community care (GPs etc) etc etc
  • the way in which waiting list numbers are calculated has changed over time
Personal recent experience of the NHS is very positive:
  • personal - needed two urgent appointments with GP practice in the last month. Both within 24 hours. Referral to outpatients and seen within 4 weeks (non-urgent). Staff very professional and competent
  • over Xmas/new year we had some (elderly) friends to stay. 80+ year old tripped, broken hip and wrist. Ambulance quick and professional. Broken wrist set that night. Operation to replace broken hip the following morning. Quality of care was excellent.
I am not remotely suggesting all is well but IMHO dogma driven, selective garbage does not illuminate the debate. The NHS organisation, service delivery and funding is worthy of something more thoughtful.

I am not remotely suggesting all is well but IMHO dogma driven, selective garbage does not illuminate the debate. The NHS organisation, service delivery and funding is worthy of something more thoughtful.
The most egregious dogma driven garbage we get is that the NHS is somehow inefficient and would be better privatised, or made more efficient by cost cutting and more management. Actually the tories have had 45 years to put this to the test and have failed utterly. Austerity has failed on every front, not just the NHS

They'd be expats and entitled.
I'd stop reading the Daily Mail if I were you - it's not doing you any good.
https://www.william-russell.com/blo...ourism is defined as,albeit at a higher cost.
View attachment 174448
can't recall what happened in the 90s but the drop from 2000 - 2010 nicely coincided with the with the fact that as a country we were skint when Labour left office! I would also note the last spike has a lot to do with Covid ?
Before anyone asks I think the whole political system is corrupt, both parties are as as bad as each other, spend more time pandering to the minority than they do the majority...

Like my late brother used to say,
It all started with who had the biggest club and the most hairy mates,then along came some bloke called William who split up the UK and installed his mates and in the passage of time descendents of those mates still control the UK finances.
I blame the Romans.

I hate to think how you make voting decisions.

History puts across a balanced view, that's why I can confidently say the NHS was not only saved by Labour it was measurably better. You say you don't have opinions but you appear to object to other peoples, which gives the impression you having opposing opinions, you're not too fond of historical facts either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back