Just shows you've got to look around ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes but how much to have it delivered in your three links amazon is actually the cheapest and trago the dearest

Trago usually does have very good prices but only if I don't factor in Petrol and time. Great when doing a project, not so much for odd little bits here and there.
Often the hardest thing at Trago is finding what you what in their maze! haha. Luckily the staff in each department are pretty knowledgeable. Always best to phone ahead if you need something specific though.

My point wasn't to praise Trago or to denigrate the other two, just to point out that it is wise to hunt around, and not just think going on line is necessarily the cheapest - which nowadays is a trap we tend to fall into. We're fortunate in that we have three independent merchants (two of the three very competitive) that between them cover just about everything except plumbing - and when you've known many of the staff of the plumber's merchant for 40+ years you don't do badly there for prices either. :D

Thats quite the price drop, I'd question the quality of it. Maybe it's a 20 year old shipment they got on the cheap? And there is of course the fakers that are apparently making a killing on ebay and is a huge issue. Not saying that applies here of course.

It also depends on how much you value your time. If you need 5 products, it's quite likely each one will be cheaper in 5 different stores.

But in summary - thankyou Sherlock for pointing out that the same product can vary in price from retailer to retailer. You should keep this gold nugget under wraps, we don't want everyone knowing! ;)

I am in the process of moving from Devon to Cheshire. Currently I am within walking distance of Trago Newton Abbot. Both me and SWMBO agree it is one of the biggest losses of the move! Sad really.....

transatlantic":n0ljk8hx said:
Thats quite the price drop, I'd question the quality of it. Maybe it's a 20 year old shipment they got on the cheap? And there is of course the fakers that are apparently making a killing on ebay and is a huge issue. Not saying that applies here of course.

It also depends on how much you value your time. If you need 5 products, it's quite likely each one will be cheaper in 5 different stores.

But in summary - thankyou Sherlock for pointing out that the same product can vary in price from retailer to retailer. You should keep this gold nugget under wraps, we don't want everyone knowing! ;)

I can be you my firstborn that it's exactly the same stuff!
The markup most of the stores have is INSANE, and everyone is at it so there's really nowhere to buy anything for realistic prices.

have a look at https://www.tool-net.co.uk/ , and you can see what the actual realistic prices are for most of the handtools/stuff like this..
But never buy from that store it's dreadful... (they are dropshippers who work with very tight margins and don't give a f about customers)

https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-385208/rus ... 500ml.html
6.31 there for your danish

phil.p":3de293vf said:
There was no need for the sarcasm, thank you. I get enough of it from my children.

Let us know if they go on holiday, I'm sure one of us can fill in the huge void left by the lack of unrequired back chat.

Back