Just having a little fun...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool work Mike... but I am missing the bear... and the date is missing... I earnestly mean that there should be a 'timestamp' of some kind (very german... I know).

Keep up the good work... from gerard, whose poodle is barking every day at the postman... would you like him to pose full-frontal... or just topless?

not another naked postman PLEASE :twisted:

mike that looks good, but i really do agree about the dates

all success to you

paul :wink:

engineer one":34r8n67f said:
pickky pickky alf :lol:
Dammit, might as well be right. D'you know how long I've been waiting for this? I vowed I'd never have one of Mike's saws until they had a maker's mark as a quality tool deserves - never occurred to me it's take this long #-o :lol:

Cheers, Alf

excellant Mike....now thats well thought out....i like the sunken design as it prevents possible damage to the lettering as seen on other saws.

are you going to be stamping your spines as well? i can see a nice half moon crest sitting their nicely.

like the etching logo but...these are notoriously difficult to get right 100% of the time as well as getting them in line........i would be wary of doing it to something i had spent a lot of time on.....I dare say youve tested loads though.

it does however look the biz.

looking splendid

I

CONGER":2bsg3l2p said:
Cool work Mike... but I am missing the bear... and the date is missing... I earnestly mean that there should be a 'timestamp' of some kind (very german... I know).

Keep up the good work... from gerard, whose poodle is barking every day at the postman... would you like him to pose full-frontal... or just topless?

For a time line could you not change the design slightly after a set number of saws (eg get enough medallions made to cover what you expect to produce over a years production) and keep the future agugments to what part of the year the medallion changed

HI Mike,

There was me thinking your saws could not get any nicer :roll:
Was I wrong
( Still trying to find a reason not to buy one, problem is I cant think of one )

Note to self must try harder :shock: :)

Alf":1pu490js said:
... although I'm still not sure about that bulge in the line, Mike. Alf

How about making the bulge a bit bigger and putting the Est. Date in it? Just a thought. :-k I do agree with others though that a date should be included somewhere. BTW beautiful workmanship - the only problem that I'd have if I owned something like that is that I'd be afraid to use it :oops:

Alf":3srvlcn9 said:
MikeW":3srvlcn9 said:
Hey Paul, I'll leave that for the etch. Which may be happening. It's an on again, off again thing...But the problems may be resolved. We'll see.
Sheesh, it's off and on more times than a soap opera wedding, Mike. :lol: S'funny though, I'd wondered about a bear too - are you aware "I sorta collect" (Todd Hughes TM) tools with animal maker's marks? Heck, maybe I'll just hand over my bank account and quit trying to resist... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf
Sorry to pop this ol' thread back to the top...but as promised...

etch_0001.jpg

Next, I need to prep some saw plate and try it on various thicknesses. But that'll wait at least until this weekend or the next one. Got too much to do.

Take care, Mike

alright, mike i surrender.

now you are trying to show us that you can make metal talk. :roll: :?

the designs really look good, but where is the bear???? :twisted: :lol:

now i have to learn about how to use a push saw again :cry: :oops:

paul :wink:

Hah, y'all are killing me!

No bears...yes, scrapers, no saws yet, success rate was ten of ten--but not saw steel.

Probably not this weekend if I am still as behind as I am tonight. We'll see.

Take care, Mike

Back