Just got back from the harrogate show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob H

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I have only seen 1 ukworkshop badge all day!! we need to make them A4 size so they are easy to sopt!

only got 7 things in all!

4 bessey clamps 2x KR60-2K and 2x KR100-2K

and also orderd the Patriot chuck in 33x3.5 for my hegner and the RSJ1 and RSJ15 jaws

what did you think to the show? i went friday but thought they had tried to squeeze to much into too little a space but then again i don't like crowds so could just have been me :)

yep thats what i thought, phew thought it was just me ,however i did get a good deal on the plano glue clamp system and managed to meet 1 off my suppliers for the first time so was worth the time to go

More junk tool sellers this year, more power tool sellers (how many battery drills can you see in a day)

Less demo stands. Certainly not as good as previous years. A shame as it's been a decent show over the years.

On the bright side some very nice quality work on display from the various clubs etc.

Met some nice people over lunch, tried on a new hat (made from timber) excellent.

Just come back & wallets lighter. Not massively tho - a good deal was the 5-Piece 1/2" Shank Cabinet & Molding Set from Freud UK, £69. Bought one and he threw another raised panel cutter in for £15. Proper Freud stuff (checked on the shank - just incase).

Replaced the crappy no-name quick clamps - I must have busted up countless ones over the yrs - so bought 4 Besseys. Marginally more expensive than the Irwins - but seemed more substantial.

Not to mention the usual purchase of Fein blades.

No Sign of Festool. All the other usual cuplrits tho.

I was knocking about on the Leeds College of Art stand for a few hours, enjoyed myself and had plenty of chats with interesting folks. Make sure you try out the rocker in the corner, very comfy.

Had a little chat with Nick on the Living Woods stand, got some advice from the Record Power chaps about adjusting the rollers on my P/T to avoid indentations, got a nice Freud blade on the cheap again and those evil chaps at CHT relieved me of a few quid for a spokeshave.

If you go and see Mike Hudson on the Clifton stand make sure he shows you the plane he has stashed in his sock.

Would be nice if they moved the show into one of the larger halls, it's always too cramped in there

Ironballs":1y3qhzmb said:
If you go and see Mike Hudson on the Clifton stand make sure he shows you the plane he has stashed in his sock.

Can you please elaborate. Some of us live in the back of beyond and are unable to attend these shows. Pics would be good. Did I hear you mention something about a block plane :p :p

Cheers

Aled

Ha! Wishful thinking Aled. Mike has the full range of Clifton planes with him plus some very rippled timber that present a challenge to any plane, in order to show that a modern Clifton is equal to an old (and expensive) infill plane he has just that in his sock to use as a comparison.

Great discount on Clifton planes at the show

Hey, I was there yesterday with a couple of mates and got some lovely bargains too including some 600mm UniKlamps

Possibly we should have arranged some sort of 'meet-up'

Back