Quantcast

Just advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

BHwoodworking

Established Member
Reaction score
i have got a Evolution R210SMS mitre saw and have been looking for alternative blades. would anyone happen to own one and would anyone know if you could fit a 216mm blade in it? or is that just shooting myself in the foot? (hammer)

link for saw is here

screwfix.com/p/evolution-r210sms-210mm-single-bevel-sliding-compound-mitre-saw-230v/2965v

otherwise its a good saw but the only downside is that it is 'a word that shall not be mentioned' difficult to find a 210mm blade with a negative rake.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
Most mitre saws I've used have an adjustment screw somewhere which adjusts where the absolute bottom of the plunge stops, have a look around on your saw if there's one somewhere near the hinge. If there is you can adjust it so that there is more clearance in the trough for a larger blade, but worth checking if you've got enough clearance anyway without needing to adjust anything, you're only talking about 2.5mm extra clearance.

BHwoodworking

Established Member
Reaction score
yep about the adjustment screw. i knew about that already (i use it with my taper jig) but i will contact evolution and ask (again). ive tried but they send a v automated CBA message. would it be OK to take an impact driver to the loosening screw?