Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is xenophobic, highly offensive and totally inaccurate. France lost more people in the first year of the first world war than the entirety of the US dead in the whole of the 20th century. 1 in 8 French people were either injured or killed in the 1st world war and despite the horrific death level they didn't surrender. If they hadn't have dug in to defend the British at Dunkirk, the whole British army would have been captured. It's true that the French did surrender to the Germans but despite this, they lost another 600,000 people during the whole of the war which is about 20% more than the British.

This is xenophobic, highly offensive and totally inaccurate. France lost more people in the first year of the first world war than the entirety of the US dead in the whole of the 20th century. 1 in 8 French people were either injured or killed in the 1st world war and despite the horrific death level they didn't surrender. If they hadn't have dug in to defend the British at Dunkirk, the whole British army would have been captured. It's true that the French did surrender to the Germans but despite this, they lost another 600,000 people during the whole of the war which is about 20% more than the British.

It was a joke

If we're being accurate on the joke thread finney, also please don't forget that A) a large number of the soldiers rescued off the beaches at Dunkirk were French soldiers, and B) although - of course - a large number of French soldiers stayed behind, so did an whole British Infantry Battalion (with Artillery) BY ORDER. And even knowing they were being sacrificed they all carried on and were all subsequently killed, wounded/captured, or "just" captured - to a man.

There are ALWAYS different views on "jokes" but when I saw that I just chuckled and moved on - as I suspect most other UKW members did.

Suggest you be careful of your blood pressure mate.

If we're being accurate on the joke thread finney, also please don't forget that A) a large number of the soldiers rescued off the beaches at Dunkirk were French soldiers, and B) although - of course - a large number of French soldiers stayed behind, so did an whole British Infantry Battalion (with Artillery) BY ORDER. And even knowing they were being sacrificed they all carried on and were all subsequently killed, wounded/captured, or "just" captured - to a man.

There are ALWAYS different views on "jokes" but when I saw that I just chuckled and moved on - as I suspect most other UKW members did.

It's alright saying all that AES you Swiss wouldn't even take a side ! ;)

3C0A1DF6-4635-4127-80B3-4E41E351B45D.jpeg

I was just calling it out as a xenophobic / racist joke. Maybe you are OK with those. Others aren't.

Personally, I think having a joke thread with unchallenged sexist and racist jokes does a disservice to the forum as a whole. Everyone can see this thread because it pops up in the "What's new" section.

What you said about the British is interesting, but of irrelevance to the topic of whether the French are more cowardly than others.

And because you showed care about my health, my blood pressure is just fine thank you. :) I decided a long time ago to pity racists for their small minded view of the world rather than get angry with them.

We could learn a lesson from Switzerland there defense policy was "Invade us and your money burns" (W.A.T. Jasper Carrot) where is the Russian money now.....

It's alright saying all that AES you Swiss wouldn't even take a side ! ;)

Well normally I'd agree with you completely mate (and up to 15.00 today did agree with you). But just this afternoon, the Swiss govt agreed to A) fully censure Russ re Ukraine; B) freeze all the Russ assets held here; B) close CH airspace to all Russ a/c (that one NOT too hard if you look at the map)! C) accept refugees from UKR AND keep our Embassy in Kiev open (though they haven't said how many refugees!); "take on" 100% all the EU sanctions up to now. And that "only" 4 days after the rest of the world (express by Swiss standards!), AND that only after approx 50,000 normal people took to the streets (peacefully) to show our mealy-mouthed and lilly-livered govt that THIS TIME it really was time to remove the staves from their fundamentals and get off the "effing fence"!

(As you may have noticed that I'm at present rather pleased with my adopted govt - after being thoroughly disgusted with them for the last 4/5 days (during which time, the Russ fat cats had plenty of time to remove their dosh from their CH accounts).

SORRY ALL for turning this thread into a political rant (perhaps) :)

Last edited:
I was just calling it out as a xenophobic / racist joke. Maybe you are OK with those. Others aren't.

Personally, I think having a joke thread with unchallenged sexist and racist jokes does a disservice to the forum as a whole. Everyone can see this thread because it pops up in the "What's new" section.

What you said about the British is interesting, but of irrelevance to the topic of whether the French are more cowardly than others.

And because you showed care about my health, my blood pressure is just fine thank you. :) I decided a long time ago to pity racists for their small minded view of the world rather than get angry with them.

I don't think I'm racist. But I CAN see the funny side of MOST jokes mate. And the comments I made were EXACTLY relevant to your own post.

P.S. So glad you're in good health mate.

Edit for P.S. For the "benefit" of finney, and in the interests of accuracy): I'm not xenophobic either. I married a "Jenny furriner". I'd better say "Jenny" and not "Johnnie" just in case someone starts jumping to unwarranted conclusions about my sexual proclivities! :cool:

Last edited:
Ah well I'm sure he'll understand I was just joking . He seems to have a good sense of humour ... I see you're from Germany ? I better not make jokes about the war .. or the world cup !! 😁
He's American, just cant afford a plane ticket after wasting it all on a POS Austrian sold Chinese Chinesium alloy P/T dumped on him by a Turkish delivery driver in a German van.

You just never know who/what is from where

.The trouble with having a whinge about jokes being in poor taste and all the other stuff thrown out of the pram above, is that it just encourages ever harder push back. It's a joke thread: don't read if easily offended or devoid of a sense of humour. Much British humour is rather black. That does not make it racist :)

Anyway.....The American salute start’s with your hand facing flat towards the ground and on your head. The British salute starts with your hand against your head just like the American Salute but at a more jaunty angle. The French salute starts with your hands in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back