Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20220211-100511.png

It worked for me, what with being dyslexic.
My wife often says “voice of angel” to which I reply “angle grinder?”
Or Angel grinder.
Often the result of Tinder.

A skeletal hand holding a rusty old thingy! A lamp?
Starwars. It previously belonged to Luke Skywalker.

Apologies to Shed for spoiling his cryptic answer.

I thought it was SCHEIBENWISCHER? Although it would be funnier if your version was correct.

It is. But that's the whole windscreen wiper (arm + boss + blade). The windscreen wiper blade is actually "scheibenwischerblatt". But his version IS funnier, even if incorrect.

But his version IS funnier, even if incorrect.
It's completely made-up nonsense, this being the joke thread. About 100 years ago, pre-internet, I was given a sheet of paper with a list of English to "German" translations. The windscreen wipers are the only one I remember, but there were loads of other Pig - German (and I mean that in the made up, Pig - Latin sense, not as abuse) silliness in the list. Unfortunately it would seem that it didn't make it to the internet, or it is too racist and therefore Google won't recognise it.

Translation

A cabinet minister & his snobbish wife were entertaining some French politicians & their wives after trade negotiations.
When dining had finished & the men retired for brandy & cigars, the cabinet ministers wife, wanting to espouse her higher rank & superiority, said to her French counterpart, "Ma marie est sur votre marie dans le cabinet." which translates literally as "My husband is on your husband in the toilet"

I suspected that, although I didn't realise Greta & Attenborough were now a couple. That image doesn't sit well with me!
Translation

A cabinet minister & his snobbish wife were entertaining some French politicians & their wives after trade negotiations.
When dining had finished & the men retired for brandy & cigars, the cabinet ministers wife, wanting to espouse her higher rank & superiority, said to her French counterpart, "Ma marie est sur votre marie dans le cabinet." which translates literally as "My husband is on your husband in the toilet"

I like the story, but my pedantic mother would insist it should have been "mon mari", not "ma marie"
Sorry. Hat, coat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back