Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at school in Chesières, Villars, Switzerland in 1967.

12 CHF to 1 GBP

Today...

1.1 CHF to 1 GBP

Just sayin'

Yeah. And getting worse on an almost daily basis!

Part of my pension (earned while working in UK) are sent in £s to my (Swiss) bank every 3 months. Every time I see my bank account has been credited (by the bank converting the £s sum into CHF) I see a LOWER amount of CHF credited than for the previous quarter (same pension amount in £s). Has been so for at least the last 3 or 4 years. Due to a variety of factors of course. In no particular order - politics (both countries); the banks (mainly the Swiss); economy (both countries); etc, etc.

1A984C5B-6B8D-4CB4-ABC0-5ED1638A1F81.jpeg

Don't they catch fire more than EVs?
NO EVs are a serious/higher fire risk. But their tank will not explode.
Modern fuel tanks do not explode ….plastic has a lower burst pressure than steel and melts/ruptures before pressure can build up….unless of course you believe what you see on Tv and in films !

And have you seen the speed at which a lithium battery erupts in flames …scary

Modern fuel tanks do not explode ….plastic has a lower burst pressure than steel and melts/ruptures before pressure can build up….unless of course you believe what you see on Tv and in films !

And have you seen the speed at which a lithium battery erupts in flames …scary
Have you? Or have you just seen it on YouTube and Facebook?

Oh good! "We're" OK then (as we don't have very many "gas"-powered cars in Europe). :)
I drove one for a while. It caught fire.
Totalled it eventually with the assistance of a reckless farm labourer in a large tractor.

A) I’m not on Facebrag
B) I view lots of YouTube footage as contrived
C) BBC & other news reports have shown fire brigade footage of the pyrotechnics involved in a runaway thermal reaction on scooter batteries
Indeed, I think electric scooters are a problem, as they are illegal on public roads, and thus do not seem to be regulated at all. I think it's more to do with cheap crappy Chinese(?) imports. I haven't seen reports of branded cordless power tool battery conflagrations, and they're pretty much all Li Ion these days.

Tricky one, the whole eScooter situation. I'm in favour of lightweight, eco-friendly person transport, but my wife sustained a nasty wrist injury when a large girl on an eScooter shot round a street corner on the pavement in Palma.

Back