Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-20240215-WA0001.jpg

I don't know where this item should be, BUT, to me it's one big joke:- so here goes:- Very Strange Action by UK Customs (Border Force?). I have a 1:53 scale wooden ship kit, in which the gun carriages are very poor Britannia metal castings with oval wheels! I requested wooden replacements from the manufacturers in Spain a month ago, not having received anything, I contacted them yesterday (Sun), I had a reply today saying UK customs had rejected the packet & returned it to Spain without explanation, this was an A5 padded envelope!
Maybe they thought I was going to build these scale cannons, then try to sink 'Tin Lizzy' !!!!!!! (what with 1:53 scale cannonballs!!!!!!!!!!) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😺😺
One BIG joke, when one considers what does get through.

I don't know where this item should be, BUT, to me it's one big joke:- so here goes:- Very Strange Action by UK Customs (Border Force?). I have a 1:53 scale wooden ship kit, in which the gun carriages are very poor Britannia metal castings with oval wheels! I requested wooden replacements from the manufacturers in Spain a month ago, not having received anything, I contacted them yesterday (Sun), I had a reply today saying UK customs had rejected the packet & returned it to Spain without explanation, this was an A5 padded envelope!
Maybe they thought I was going to build these scale cannons, then try to sink 'Tin Lizzy' !!!!!!! (what with 1:53 scale cannonballs!!!!!!!!!!) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😺😺
One BIG joke, when one considers what does get through.

Again NOT a joke, sorry all. My commiserations Stuart. If it's any consolation (doubtful!) we here in Switzerland (also not EU) experience LOTS of "surprises" with Customs and what does/does not "make it through the maze" - not to mention how long it takes and how much it costs (sometimes seemingly a LOT; sometimes NOTHING at all)! I certainly cannot understand it (and I suspect, neither can "they" - depends what side of the bed they got out of that morning) :)

Thread drift "Guilty as charged M'Lud"

Another no-a-joke but it will bring a smile. I bought an item from the states and one of the very small screws was damaged. Tell you what says the vendor I will send you a postcard with a nice sticker and accidentally get one of the screws under the sticker. Said screw is smaller than a grain of rice. Smaller than half a grain of rice. Customs detected it and ripped the sticker to remove it. No explanation on the postcard. I did not have the heart to tell the vendor.

Again NOT a joke, sorry all. My commiserations Stuart. If it's any consolation (doubtful!) we here in Switzerland (also not EU) experience LOTS of "surprises" with Customs and what does/does not "make it through the maze" - not to mention how long it takes and how much it costs (sometimes seemingly a LOT; sometimes NOTHING at all)! I certainly cannot understand it (and I suspect, neither can "they" - depends what side of the bed they got out of that morning) :)

Thread drift "Guilty as charged M'Lud"
Depends a lot on which carrier. UPS is absolutely the worst for customs fees. That certainly isn’t a joke.

Back