Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ASSICONS

(_!_) a regular ass
(__!__) a fat ass
(!) a tight ass
(_*_) an ass hole
{_!_} a swishy ass
(_o_) an ass that's been around
(_x_) kiss my ass
(_X_) leave my ass alone
(_zzz_) a tired ass
(_E=mc2_) a smart ass
(_$_) Money coming out of his ass
(_?_) Dumb Ass
When did @RSE become ass?

IMG-20240131-WA0000.jpg

I wonder if this is regional - I never heard @RSE until I was adult, it was always ass.
Well its how you say it I suppose.

He's an ass...
light hearted attemp in company.
For instance when someone jokes about, and is not particularly funny.
He's an ass.
Or
You're an A rse.
Usually said aggressively for a cock up.
Like forgetting the machine guns while robbing a bank.
" You bloody A rse!"
Or
'ole can be added to really enforce.
As in bringing the wife and kids along on a Spar shop hold up because you couldnt find a sitter.
"You bloody buttocks 'ole"

Odd. It was always ass ........... in one of the areas of the Country with the most rhotic accent. As a child/youth I don't recall ever hearing (or reading) @RSE in any context.

Maybe it's an age thing. Did you never see/hear the Ray Allan and Lord Charles vent act? One of Lord Charles' popular lines was "You silly @RSE".
Their act was on mainstream TV countless times in the 1960's onwards...

I'm slightly confused. Was the "silly ass" that I heard in my youth a variant of @RSE? Or was it a totally separate insult? I always assumed it was the equine beast, as in "jackass". Is the slang "jacksie(sp?) related? Did "ass" morph into "@RSE", or did the two terms merge into one after making the return trip to the colonies?

I'm slightly confused. Was the "silly ass" that I heard in my youth a variant of @RSE? Or was it a totally separate insult? I always assumed it was the equine beast, as in "jackass". Is the slang "jacksie(sp?) related? Did "ass" morph into "@RSE", or did the two terms merge into one after making the return trip to the colonies?
Yes, a variant. At least, I've always assumed that...
Perhaps courtesy of movie "language censorship" being eased?
Usually associated with the word "hole"...

https://www.etymonline.com/word/buttocksreplace buttock with the word in question. I forgot about the auto nanny.

Back