Jointing with router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niki

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day

I don't have a planer and when I have to make the "glue line" for panel glue-up, I'm using the router with straight edge like many others.

But, I don't like all the measuring so I made some small stop blocks that helps me to position and clamp the straight edge in seconds and I like to share it with you.

The bad news is, that you have to make separate pair for every bit diameter (I'm using usually 10 mm bit).

Please go to this post

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/jointing-with-hand-router-ii.13157/
Regards
niki

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Looks like it worked great, Niki!
Thanks for sharing-you certainly have some great ideas to share-thanks.
Philly :D

Hi Niki
It is a great idea and I wonder how you ever get any wprk done with all of these ideas in your head :shock: :D
I take my hat off to you for some great ideas =D> , keep them coming :wink:

Niki,

You might save time by routing through two boards at a time. If you clamp the adjoining board alongside the first in the same orientation it will have when glued up, then rout through the (unglued) join, taking bit off each baord, the boards will have a profile that matches exactly.

Thank you for the compliments

Chris
Thank you for the very good idea but, usually I'm working with minimum 25 mm Oak boards and I'm limited by the length of the bit and the router power (400W), so I have to rout them one by one (amateurs life).
It's good idea though, to rout, one from the "face" side and the matching one, from the "back" side.

Thanks
niki

Back