Jigsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to replace my aging green Bosch jigsaw and even though there are threads about a year ago recommending Bosch I wonder if time has changed the valued opinion of the members.

My criteria are it must be very good at cutting to scribe lines on narrow stock (hardwood & mdf), excellent dust collection without the hose getting in the way, cutting straight lines, cutting curves.

So can you recommend a make and model that meets these needs please?

Makita 4350FCT :)

I find it much better than the Bosch on several points.

It's lighter and more comfortable in the hand.
Less vibration, virtually none.
Dust collection is excellent.
Blade change is much easier and quicker.

+1 for the Makita 4350FCT. I find it gives excellent results and is also very robust and well built.

I have a Dewalt which does the job fine and has done for a few years, but for some reason the left hand vent blows air straight into any right handed users face. Mine is permanently taped over.

Grayorm":2zk3ppku said:
I have a Dewalt which does the job fine and has done for a few years, but for some reason the left hand vent blows air straight into any right handed users face. Mine is permanently taped over.

Clearly you bought the left handed version no???

(hammer) (hammer)

Drudgeon":pt4lae1i said:
Grayorm":pt4lae1i said:

Clearly you bought the left handed version no???

(hammer) (hammer)
I have the left handed version but it does the same thing :). Good saw otherwise though.

*waits for someone to recommend a £1000 Festool jigsaw :p * ..... I have a dewalt 18v (same as the corded version) which is perfect for what I need it for, I have also used a cheap black and decker and this was really good too. The main thing that effects a jigsaw is the blade so just buy decent ones.

slpower01":2f1fe2nv said:
*waits for someone to recommend a £1000 Festool jigsaw :p * ..... I have a dewalt 18v (same as the corded version) which is perfect for what I need it for, I have also used a cheap black and decker and this was really good too. The main thing that effects a jigsaw is the blade so just buy decent ones.

Interestingly I looked at reviews of the Festool Carvex on the FOG and was surprised to find that is was quite fiddly to cut scribes on narrow stock! So, no I am not waiting for the Festool recommendation, just good quality products that will meet the criteria in my original post.

Please quote model numbers with your recommendations as I find that sometimes the product that is recommended is discontinued but the replacement is not as good :cry:

Back