Budget jigsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a budget jigsaw?

I had a green Bosch one which was ok but died cutting 18mm plywood!🤔

I also have a Wickes one which is carp and will not cut straight, the round crank rod just has too much play imho.

What about the erbauer 710w one is it any

Erbauer EJS750 750W Electric Jigsaw 220-240V

Or any others budget ÂŁ50ish new.

that erbauer is ÂŁ5 less in b and q

for that sort of budget I'd also consider the makita mt (red) one in screwfix, I believe the red series of makita are essentially older models of their standard range, made to a budget, but a fair choice for DIY

Think I've got a Makita one somewhere if you're interested in that @Jameshow Its 110V though but in good condition. I'll dig it out during the week and send you some pics.

Can anyone recommend a budget jigsaw?
I have the Bosch professional GST 150 BCE 110 V Jigsaw and it is not brilliant, great for curves and material upto about 18mm but prefers to deliver non 90° cuts even when used with a straight edge. I would suspect a budget jigsaw is probably only good for making jigsaws. These days it gets very little use, prefer my Bosch multitool or look for any tool rather than the jigsaw. The Mafel P1CC has tempted me but an expensive tool even if it is rated as the best one out there Mafell Jigsaw P1CC MaxiMAX 240v in T-MAX Systainer

So I would ask yourself do you really need one?

I keep an eye out for these Makita jigsaws.. I have three now and though old and rough looking they are bullet proof and really heavy which makes them very nice to cut with..
296202580_5320215698094868_3303524280734156337_n.jpg

The extra weight suppresses vibration and with variable feed on the blade and speed control they are just the best.. I have a couple of bosch and an old black and decker but I stand by these old guys.. and I got them all for less than ÂŁ20 each..

New stuff seems to be too light and too plastic and brushless motors don't last..

ps the picture is from the day we first met.. Facebook ad picture, picked it up 8 miles from where I live and it has served me well since.. I think buying second hand great tools is better than buying so so new stuff..

Back