Mitre Saw - Erbauer or Bosch?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son in law has the evolution with a Saxton blade and it works really well. Nice clean cut. The evolution accuracy is not as good as my DeWalt, but it's not a fair comparison because of the price difference.
They also fund some really good causes through the Robert Bosch Foundation :)
I think the Lidl stand is really good value.

I have a Hitachi with a Saxton blade ........... and a Skil, another Hitachi, and an Evolution all with saxton blades. :) ..... oh, and two jigsaws with Saxton blades.
Bosch is actually 90% owned by the charity. Yes, I can't fault the stand for the money, I bought one on Sunday.:)

I've not noticed any issues with it yet, I was actually surprised with the quality of the cut with the multi-purpose blade that came with it for the cuts I've done on CLS and the soft start is nice.
From what I've seen its more about the right blade for really high quality cuts. I mentioned saxton blades as they have a few bundles, one includes a 40 tooth and 80 tooth blade specifically for these saws. Not had a chance to use them, but I've seen people swear by them for the money. £32 for 2 blades TCT Circular Blade 255mm Pack A - 25.4mm Bore
Not sure if I've just been unlucky but I wasn't impressed with Saxton blades. I moved over to Trend saw blades. Used several different tooth numbers on both my Scheppach track saw and Bosch mitre saw and in my view are superior in both quality of cut and longevity. Sourced from Abbey power tools on eBay. Although obtained technical assistance direct from Trend for the correct blade for my particular project.

Back