Jigsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDC83

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Well i had a Bosch GST100 BCE it served me well for nearly 20 years but lent it to someone and they fecked it up. Also have Dewalt 18v DCS335 for eveyday use. So I’m in the market for a 110v one for my mft to use inverted.
Obviously if I had an unlimited budget I would go for the Mafell P1CC.
I have used a 18v Festool Carvex wasn’t keen on it especially as it doesn’t tilt.
So I’m currently thinking of a Festool PSB300EQ Trion
Any you guys can recommended it needs to be 110v

I have a PS 300 EQ which is the same apart from being the body grip version. I have had it for years, I don't use it much but it's always performed well, all it really gets used for these days is cutting up pallets for the wood burner 😂

I have read a few reports of people preferring the Trion to the Carvex. The Trion is just a basic no frills tool that does what a jigsaw should do.

Mine is 240v but sure the 110v will perform the same.

Am I correct that the Trion has the same ceramic blade tensioner as the Carvex? As intend to use long blades when it’s inverted I need something to help keep the blade true.

Not sure if it is exactly the same as on the Carvex but yeah the Trion has a blade guide (think carbide?) that you can adjust to the thickness of the blade to help keep it true.

When Festool first released the Carvex 400 they did away with the blade guide but had a lot of problems with blade deflection so they re released it as the Carvex 420 with a blade guide back on.

Go on, get a Mafell, you know you won't really be happy with anything else 😈

I got a Trion, its a workmanlike tool, I'd recommend it, my only niggle with it, is that it has an on/off switch on the side of the body grip. I much prefer the trigger design.

Back