jet short bed 2424

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dovetaildave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a short bed lathe, have looked at all the reviews I can, and a few youtubes.

I'm not having much luck when it comes to the jet short bed 2424 reviews,

Axi sell them but don't have much online info, apart from their ebay store. Only review I have read there was; Jet 4224B , didn't rate well regarding the banjo/toolrest slipping (may 2016)

I believe its only different from the Jet 4224B in regards its bed length.

Has anyone here used or own one?

What is the real distance between the centers, bowl chuck to the live tailstock center?

Anyone have experience of using the bed extension for Turning wider diameter bowls, particularly barkedged/unbalanced?

Is there a problem with the banjo/toolrest slipping?

If anyone is able to post a review that would be great.

Regards,
Dave

P.S. i'm off to the mountains for three days so, i wont have WIFI etc and wont be able to reply till my return to the city.....but looking forward to seeing what comes back on this post :D

I think an Irish pro turner called Glenn Lucas did a review on the longer bed version which easnt entirely flattering ...might be worth contacting him for a view of the downsides of the machine type. It's not so often folk buy expensive machines and admit their faults. Doesnt mean the machine is necessarily bad at all, but it's pethaps useful to know some perceived weaknesses. As for the short bed .. I've not seen anything.

Not that is is directly helpful but I can whole heartedly recommend the vicmarc 300 short bed incl bed extension and outboard turning attachment.

S

Latest posts

Back