JET DAY has ARRIVED - DIAL-UP friendly Version

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[
Noely good luck with your supersaw

As Neil said just making his van spotting pictures easier to view for us clockwork powered net galooters. No, I've a real saw, but if I didn't I'd have a Jet SS.........Never actually ever had a sliding table, more than happy with using sleds or should that be sledges or slays......
Mike I may have missed it but how'd you get on with your jointer etc? This being the official JET thread.

Rgds

Noel

Neil,

I've a very serious complaint to air: right, me and the other 400 odd spectators have been waiting feverishly (well, giving the impression that we're a bit on the feverish side...) for the lowdown on your new babies, hoping for an emotional and heart rendering description of their transition from cardboard boxed commodity to fully functioning normite wonder tools. And what do we get? A rather nice Renault Traffic van in Stonehenge Grey metallic and several pictures of of a few 4 x 2 sheets of moisture resistant chipboard. We feel cheated. We know what you're up to. Tomorrow we'll see a few pictures of the boxes in a slightly different position with perhaps a detailed image of another shiny sharp tool and on sunday we'll see the discarded boxes being moved to the skip and on Monday....

Enough irony, I suspect you're a little like me (please, no swearing...) and that you are simply taking your time to get a full picture of what's involved in the assembly stages. When I got my saw I thought I had covered all bases only to find that it would've been so much easier to build the thing on the mobile base rather than trying, and failing, to lift the whole unit onto the mobile base after assembly.....
Anyway, hope all has gone well so far and look forward to more tales and pictures from Nottingham.

Best regards

Noel

Hi Noel

Thank you. I ended up having to work yesterday and when I did get back it had started to rain. :cry:

It is also my wedding anniversary today so I have to be on my very best behaviour. :lol:

Like you I am going to put the saw onto a portable base. As soon as I saw the SS in my workshop I thought it will have to go straight onto the base otherwise I will have all sorts of problems.

Noely":359s65bp said:
several pictures of of a few 4 x 2 sheets of moisture resistant chipboard.

I'll let you know that it was best wbp plywood. :roll:

Thanks again. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Hi Niel, Noel,

I am losing it. The reason i thought that Noel had a new saw too was the different names on the van's eg The Tool Shop and Jaymac. So that is obviously the other side of the van and Jaymac and The Tool Shop are one company?

Neil wrote:
Thanks for the best wishes.

Your welcome.

Noel wrote:
Mike i may have missed it but how'd you get on with your jointer etc? This being the official JET thread.

You must be a mind reader because i am going to write a review over the weekend.

By the way Neil thanks for the info on the GWW damp proofing article.

Have a good wedding anniversary and don't get to drunk.

Regards

Mike.C

Newbie_Neil":3ni54z6h said:
It is also my wedding anniversary today so I have to be on my very best behaviour. :lol:
Cheers Neil

Well, after all those tools, I hope you have something pretty special planned?

Trip to Vegas to renew your vows with Elvis doing the ceremony?

Helicopter trip to a Scottish castle for evening meal?

Tickets for a luxery cruise for two?

Best to get in the good books before the next wave of hand-tool purchases is required!

Adam

Neil
You should have a lot of "fun" putting that lot together! My saw was delivered on a pallet fully built so I never had to do much to it at all. I can tell you that it is possible to lift one of those Supersaws if you have an assistant but definitely do yourself a favour and build it on the mobile base!
Enjoy your new toys.

SF

Hi all

Shadowfax":3meojtr2 said:
I can tell you that it is possible to lift one of those Supersaws if you have an assistant but definitely do yourself a favour and build it on the mobile base!

I really don't want to prove that it's possible. I'll take your word and your advice. :wink:

Shadowfax":3meojtr2 said:
Enjoy your new toys.

New toys?.

I'll have you know that these are essential for making the new bedroom furniture. Any lesser specification and I wouldn't have even been able to start the job. :roll:

Mike.C":3meojtr2 said:
The reason i thought that Noel had a new saw too was the different names on the van's eg The Tool Shop and Jaymac. So that is obviously the other side of the van and Jaymac and The Tool Shop are one company?

An easy mistake to make.

asleitch":3meojtr2 said:
Well, after all those tools, I hope you have something pretty special planned?

A few years ago I made the mistake of buying a very tall vase. Now, every time I have bought tall flowers they have never been tall enough. So, not to be outdone, I took the vase to the florists and left it with them for half-an-hour. Voila, the solution they came up with was to use crushed polythene in the bottom to look like ice and then just built up from there. It looked amazing but I had to travel the two miles home with this huge vase full of flowers and water wedged in behind the front passenger seat.

The LOML had a wonderful day and so did I.

Now just off to work so that I can have an afternoon in the workshop with my new toys. EDIT stike that, replace with essential woodworking tools. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie Neil,

Workshop’s really coming together now, :lol: looks fantastic, congrats on the new babies, won’t be long until it’s
‘Newbie Norm’

Ian

Well, now the toys are in, it's count down to the first project. So what have you planned, and when do we get to see the pictures? :shock: :wink:

adam

Hi Neil

First of all Congratulations on the big day. No not that one, I'm talking about the Wedding Anniversary. :lol:
And now lets get down to the important stuff. The new toys Whoooppps sorry about that. I mean essential woodworking tools, and their new home. I think we are all eagerly awaiting some more pictures and a few first quick impresions. So try not to keep us waiting too long as we did have to go through a two week countdown with you and one can only take so much suspense you know. :wink:

All the best

John

Hi Ian

Ian Dalziel":lkpf4qwr said:
Won’t be long until it’s ‘Newbie Norm’

Adam has already got me thinking about Jet Setter.

Hi Ian and John

I'm sorry for the wait, but it will have to continue for a little while yet. I have HR problems at work and I ended up working all day again yesterday. :cry:

When I've got things in place I'll post some more photos. :oops:

Cheers
Neil

HI neil

As well as the pictures of the tools, I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the projects you make with these wonderful machines.

Cheers

Tony

Insurance Assessor: "Sir, I understand you only recently bought the items"

Victim: "Yes, that's right".

Assessor: "Sir, have you any clue as to who stole your workshop equipment?"

Victim: "No...well not really, I suppose..."

Assessor: "Not really?. How many people knew that you had this stuff?"

Victim: "At least 450, but it could have been absolutely anybody."

Assessor: "How come?"

Victim: Well, I posted some pictures on the Internet, on a woodworkers forum you see".

Assessor: "So you know all these people then?"

Victim: "Well, not exactly ALL of them".

Assessor: "Right, well, thanks for your time sir. Unfortunately, I'll need to discuss your claim further with my supervisor back at the office. We'll be in touch".

Moderators can see which IP address it was sent from - so they know who all the guest posts are!

Adam

Back