It's Sunday Scrit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to out do Scrits Sunday Spot, I got impatient of waiting so here is a pic to tide us over till Scrit wakes up :lol: :wink:

312742857_e276f449d2_o.jpg

Historians might get this easier that woodies but it is/was a woodworking machine dating from the early 1800's.... So what does it do/make?

Well it seems to say Morticing machine on the drawing so i guess its a morticer :wink:

For any cast iron anoraks like me :lol: "Name that Machine" will reappear over the Christmas break - at about the time that urge to fill myself with turkey and stuffing is about to pall......

Scrit

Ok Scrit , i will tell the poor children down at the orphanage that name that machine is not going to happen again . Hmmmmm the poor little things get so excited on a Sunday after mass just waiting for name that machine . 8-[ :^o

waiting in the wings here to win a "cyber space cupie doll"
was just wondering about name that machine after taking the dog a walk along the wind swept beach at cleethorpes
oh well scrit , xmas it is then
nice try jason on the sympathy vote :whistle:

tiler99":5cvrr6ib said:
Well it seems to say Morticing machine on the drawing so i guess its a morticer :wink:
And a Morticer it is, but what does it mortice?
Anyone want to guess who built it? remember it was the first ever built.

LN - my guess is that this is part of Marc Brunel's suite of machinery installed at Portsmouth dockyard in 1802 for making ships blocks, the first industrial production line in the world - Rob

woodbloke":vmo3hvt6 said:
LN - my guess is that this is part of Marc Brunel's suite of machinery installed at Portsmouth dockyard in 1802 for making ships blocks, the first industrial production line in the world - Rob

Give the man a coconut, now tell me did you cheat to get the answer? =D>

LN wrote:
now tell me did you cheat to get the answer?
Erm....well 'tother night I just happened to be watching 'What the Industrial Revlolution Did For Us' on Ch12 and guess what one of the items in the programme was? - Rob

Latest posts

Back