It's only a fiver, but .......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a new one opened in Mansfield, right opposite Screwfix. It couldn't be any more in their face! I might have to pay them a visit.

Yes they recently opened a branch in Mytown too

Only a brick throw from Wigan Pier :D

Thanks Phil, I'm doing a bit of refurb work at the moment so will use that tomorrow I expect :)

I always try toolstation first for stuff as they are quite often cheaper than screwfix whose prices seem to have edged up last few years, although they do in fairness tend to have more product lines which is handy when I can't find what I want at toolstation.

Both are miles cheaper than B&Q and Wickes !

paulm":1qisq5mn said:
Both are miles cheaper than B&Q and Wickes !

yes they are, yet, screwfix is owned by B&Q, and toolstation and Wickes are both owned by Travis Perkins,

I think their business plan is to open up next to Screwfix, it's happening all over round here. Strangely enough, some things are actually cheaper in B&Q, two part wood filler was about 3 quid cheaper when I last bought some, I rarely go to Screwfix these days apart from emergency buying as they have edged their prices up and tend to go to Toolstation. Just don't buy their silverline wood drill bits, they seem a bargain but ten for the price of a decent one isn't when they're blunt as an elephant's a**e. Ok for practicing sharpening on though.

In one road 5 minutes from me there is...

IKEA - b&q - howdens - benchmarx (sp?) - screwfix - toolstation - tops tiles - selco

I think there's also plum or electric centre, buck and Hickman and a couple of others I forget...

It's like the red light district for builders.

Steve Maskery":1drhwguj said:
There is a new one opened in Mansfield, right opposite Screwfix. It couldn't be any more in their face! I might have to pay them a visit.

In Plymouth they are right next door. You go into toolstation for your free hot drink and then do your shopping in SF lol.

Rorschach":3usd5dcd said:
Steve Maskery":3usd5dcd said:

In Plymouth they are right next door. You go into toolstation for your free hot drink and then do your shopping in SF lol.

Why do you do your shopping in Screwix and not buy all you can in Toolstation?
Always found Toolstation consistently cheaper and same quality just dont have such a range of stock. It's just like Supermarket shopping for me in the that we get all we can in Lidl and get what they dont have in Morrisons.

Got to laugh at Toolstations business model. As I understand it the chap who set up screwfix sold it Kingfisher group (B&Q amongst others) and had to agree not to set up another business for two years or similar. Once his time was up we got Toolstaion doing exactly what Screwfix had been a few years earlier. Then place them right on top of each other.

Remember when the Screwfix catalogue was just a few sheets stapled together. Think it was black and white as well. Oh when I was a lad :D

Back