It's all getting Steamy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Barrett

Established Member
Reaction score
I learned Woodwork at school 40 years ago.

It was a more innocent time. We had one lathe, one pillar drill, one grinder, and safety awareness consisted of making sure your school tie was tucked in to your woodwork apron so you couldn't strangle yourself on a lathe. Goggles, gloves, masks - pshaw!

So, in these more safety conscious times I decided to use a mask.

So help me out here. How safe is it when you have stopped breathing in dust, but can't see a darn thing 'cos your glasses have steamed up? :)

Amd what's the solution?

Use a surgeons trick. Clean your glasses and goggles with water/detergent before starting. Keeps the condensation away a bit longer

Scrit

Paul

I had exactly the same problem with my glasses steaming up, especially with the disposable paper type masks. I ended up buying a Trend Airace from Machine Mart for about £30. Works a treat, now I can see to cut my fingers!

Bob

bobscarle":1pa75fli said:
Paul

I had exactly the same problem with my glasses steaming up, especially with the disposable paper type masks. I ended up buying a Trend Airace from Machine Mart for about £30. Works a treat, now I can see to cut my fingers!

Bob

Cheaper than the Trend Airshield, but still pricey. Looks like either of these might also be good for doing Darth Vader impressions?

Scrit":12ph5nax said:
Use a surgeons trick. Clean your glasses and goggles with water/detergent before starting. Keeps the condensation away a bit longer

Scrit
Now that's nice cheap idea to try out first. Hope it works - for the sake of all those patients out there.

cause you could also use a cut potato to stop it happening,
just remember to rub it on the inside of your glasses.

or if you are a motorist, you could use rain x. :lol:

i use the smaller trend shield, and can confirm for a glasses wearer,
it is pretty neat.

thing is how expensive is replacing your lungs???? :twisted:
paul :wink:

Latest posts

Back